Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
you will hear a lot of noises however most people never mention that noise. I've never heard it on my bikes or any of the one's I've worked on. I would have at least checked the oil pressure. but that's me. the cct in your R6 is not like the 2nd gen that used a spring. the 3rd gens use one that's operated with oil pressure. if the pressure is low, the CCT will not have much tension. that's why I thought it was the CCT because the 06/07 were known for low oil pressure at idle. thus the cct was "soft" until you give it throttle to apply more oil pressure as the oil pump spins faster with the RPM of the motor supplying more pressure.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I can't hear the video, but the OP says the noise comes and goes with clutch pull and release. It's most likely just clutch plate rattle. The more worn the basket gets the more you will hear this as the plates get stuck in grooves that get worn into the basket. OP, ignore all the worry about a CCT issue. This noise will not be effected by clutch action and will increase with revs. It is also quite noisy. This is not your issue based on your description of the problem. Again, I can't listen to the video and unless you guys are hearing something alarming (which his mechanics couldn't), if the noise changes with clutch pull then it's just clutch rattle, nothing to really be worried about.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Im sorry if I didn't explain it well enough but thats not really what I mean. To put it in another way, there is a vibration through the bike that I can kinda feel all the way up to the handle bars and it only happens when I drive on really low rpm, like the lowest possible, for example when I start and the clutch is completely out, but it also happens if I drive on really low rpm in second or third gear. Basically when I make the bike really work which I know I shouldn't, but I also don't think it should make that noise.

I asked one of the mechanics if it could be the clutch and he said no because he thought the clutch felt perfectly fine, I don't think its cct either. Honestly it sounds external but I don't know, maybe just the chain out of adjustment..

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2018 R6 makes that noise whenever I'm starting from standstill and don't give it enough throttle. It had been doing that since the very beginning, at 0 miles. I've always been curious about it, since I've lugged engines on other bikes before and this sounds different than the engine lugging noises I'm used to. It sounds sharper, more rattly, than the dull rumble that the engine makes when it's being lugged. I never got it checked out though, I just figured it's another aspect of these bikes not like being in low RPMs.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah I dont think its really an issue. I wanna say that mine didn't do it before but I dont know for sure.. But yeah thats what the mechanics told me, they said sport bikes dont like that low revs and to not worry about it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts