Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

so sometimes when i'm going at a decent speed and approaching a stop, i'll hear a rattling sound when i'm either on third or second gear and easing off the clutch lever. it sounds like a chain is jumping at first. I immediately disengage the clutch and just use the brakes instead.

it doesn't happen all the time though. anyone know what it might be? Am i just going too slowly to be engine braking at those times? or could it be a different issue?

I also noticed a slight rattle sometimes when i shift up into 2nd gear. sounds and feels like the rattle is coming from the front of the bike. I have a 2000 r6 and heard this was an issue for the older r6's. any way i can keep from having to go to the mechanic?

·
Jigga_R6 Is Tha Nayme!
3,243 Posts
could be a leak in the header. I had that same problem took it to yamaha and they said it was normal. bought some headers and exhaust. and when changing them i noticed a big leak.... chek it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.