Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... and for some reason my cluster will not show that it is in neutral. Also on the neutral safety switch i cannot have the lever pulled all the way in for it to start. It has to be about halfway out. What would be causing this? I really need to get this back on the road since my 240's motor just seized up.

·
Screw 4 wheels
142 Posts
Your not having luck with your motors huh...

·
Registered
117 Posts
SAME exact shit over here :(

got my new motor in, will not show neutral.

must start with sidestand up and clutch pulled even if in neutral...

Please let me know what your problem was/is, as I will do the same as soon as (if) I figure it out

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SAME exact shit over here :(

got my new motor in, will not show neutral.

must start with sidestand up and clutch pulled even if in neutral...

Please let me know what your problem was/is, as I will do the same as soon as (if) I figure it out
Try swapping your neutral switch. I removed my old on and im gonna give that a try.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got mine from a friend. He gave me a great deal on it.

I found that the clutch lever neutral safety switch was broken. I replaced that so i can fully pull it in now but i havent swapped that sensor yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where is the neutral safety switch sensor located?
ive been going through the same problem and cant find any info on it.
It is located on the block kinda by the rectifier. It is a 14mm hex head sensor with a philips screw and wire on the top. You have to remove the screw and wire in order to remove the sensor. Ill see if i can print screen it from the manual.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is located on the block kinda by the rectifier. It is a 14mm hex head sensor with a philips screw and wire on the top. You have to remove the screw and wire in order to remove the sensor. Ill see if i can print screen it from the manual.
hey thanks bro, i didnt mean to thread-jack, but ive been hung up with these problems and it seems like you have a few of the same

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.