Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined up with the Army National Guard in Ohio, and I'm apart of a Public Affairs Division, doing photojournalism. I leave for Basic Training on the 17 of January, and will hit up on my "photo training" in early April for another 12 weeks, so making it July before I return (missing months and months of riding time sucks!!!). But, it's for a better purpose... anyways, wish me luck, and I could use some prayers...

Thanks for the support over the last year or so...
-Solace

P.S. Forgive my absence already... been busy with training and working out.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Take care man. We all wish you the best, and our prayers are with you.

And most importantly, Thank You for your service.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Best of Luck to you!!!!! Definately send us some pics!!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Take it easy man!! Make sure to keep some of our email addy's and shit to get back in touch with us when you're done!

Here's a beer to ya :cheers

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
good luck with the new lifestyle. i did boot camp, but i opted to go active duty army instead of the national gaurd. just remember the keyword in boot camp is "team work".

·
Ride or Die
174 Posts
Ahhh too bad you went Army, lol you should have been a Coastie, lol
Good lick bro, be carful and when you are at basic just remember to do what they say. how they say and when they say to do it and youll have no problems at all. And remember they can't change who you are inside but can make you a better person through out. Good Luck and God bless. :cheers YEA! :usa
and remeber no grab ass! :moon

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
SolaceRye - where are you supposed to go for boot camp anyway? from what i hear now its a cake walk. and worst of all its supposed to be co-ed. when i went in it wasnt co-ed. just the tech-school i went to in APG, maryland was co-ed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
"More PT drill sgt. more PT, we like it we love it, we want some more of it, make it hurt drill sgt. make it hurt, make it hurt drill sgt. make it hurt, SMOKE ME"
Spent a little time in Ft.Sill,OK myself, home of the field artillery. Basic is a mind game, don't fight it, don't bitch, do what the tell you and do it at a high rate of speed. You won't do anything right and if you do you'll get bitched at for it. Don't be first, don't be last, if they still don't know you by graduation you did well. Good Luck with everything and God bless you, this is the beginning of a new life.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
ChuGz said:
"More PT drill sgt. more PT, we like it we love it, we want some more of it, make it hurt drill sgt. make it hurt, make it hurt drill sgt. make it hurt, SMOKE ME"
Spent a little time in Ft.Sill,OK myself, home of the field artillery. Basic is a mind game, don't fight it, don't bitch, do what the tell you and do it at a high rate of speed. You won't do anything right and if you do you'll get bitched at for it. Don't be first, don't be last, if they still don't know you by graduation you did well. Good Luck with everything and God bless you, this is the beginning of a new life.

HAHAHA!!!! :hammer i was there too for my basic training, Alpha Battery, 1/31 Field Artillery. for basic training they had some decent buildings. yup like ChuGz pointed out try not to stand out. the more the DS knows you, the more your name gets called to do stupid shit. i was there in the summer so it sucked, friggin hot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good luck with BOOT.

Just remember it is all a game and your fellow platoon members are all pawns in a great game. (Not in a bad sense) Just keep your head up and charge hard.

:cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
stoneloco808 said:
ChuGz said:

HAHAHA!!!! :hammer i was there too for my basic training, Alpha Battery, 1/31 Field Artillery. for basic training they had some decent buildings. yup like ChuGz pointed out try not to stand out. the more the DS knows you, the more your name gets called to do stupid shit. i was there in the summer so it sucked, friggin hot.

Hell Yeah, crappiest red phase of my life (first 3 weeks) the rest was ok.
I lived luxuriously in 1/79FA Charlie Battery 1st Platoon Wardogs LOL can't believe i remember the details, but you'll definitly never forget the experience, with 3 DS's from hell... :twisted: Muahahahaha!!!!!! :twisted:
:twisted:

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Good Luck man!!

I for one appreciate the HELL out of our soldiers...Best of luck and be sure to hook us up with the good stories and vids!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Going to "Relax'n Jackson (South Carolina), and then to Fore Meade for A.I.T.

Thanks for your wishes guys, appreciate it...
-Solace

1 - 20 of 22 Posts