Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...being that I've already posted around here and there, lol :sing :lmao

Anyways... first off I'll admit i don't even have an R6, or even a Yamaha for that matter (Yamaha is my 2nd fav brand though... no lie!). I kinda ended up here by accident when a buddy linked me here when somebody posted a video of my bike here a few weeks ago... some of you may remember it (the CBR 600 F4i turning 200k miles). Poked around a little bit and it seemed like a cool place with a good group of people, so I figured I'd stick around and chat with everyone, maybe even find some riding buddies (already met one so far)

On with the intro... my name is Jared, I'm 28 y/o and live in western North Carolina just south of Morganton. Been riding 6 years now and still on my first bike, a black/red '04 CBR 600 F4i... still loving it :toocool: Pretty much any and all of my free time is spent either riding or hiking with my dog Piglet

My faithful steed of 6 years now.... taken a couple weeks ago

Oh yea and my ugly mug too

Hope to meet some more of you guys at some point...

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
The man doesn't buy new things. Very wise

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
Welcome... That's pretty impressive... Well maintained vehicles...

·
Registered
238 Posts
whats up. i am on the other side of rutherfordton about 15 minutes. i think you sent my brother a message on the cbr forum or something he just got a 05 that has been layed down on the right side. probably about done riding for this year but we'll have to get up when the weather gets warmer.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!! :cheers

whats ur secret to your INSANELY high mileage vehicles.. 200k on a bike and 400k on the car
Not really any bit secrets... just take care of them, and when something breaks, fix it before it causes other problems. I'm a professional auto tech (Ford dealer diesel tech) and I can't tell you how many times I've seen one root problem that caused a train wreck of other problems simply because it wasn't fixed in a timely manner. You'd be very surprised....

Also not beating the living crap out of it everytime you ride helps out too, hahah

The man doesn't buy new things. Very wise
I will admit... I am a bit of a cheapass, lol, but more so because I have to be. Single income household and $$ doesn't grow on trees, so I can't afford to be wasteful. Same applies to vehicles, I like to get every last bit of life out of them cuz I hate to waste a perfectly good vehicle and spend more $$ on something new(er) when I really don't need it. I did buy my bike new, it's the first vehicle I've ever bought new, but I've certainly gotten my moneys worth out of it, lol. This is the reason I don't buy a new car, I just can't justify the cost being that I drive it all of once a week at the most, except for during the winter. Both the bike and car run flawless and both are still as reliable as can be.... no reason to get rid of them. I know I don't have the best of everything, but do try and make the best out of everything I do have ;)

welcome!!!! i'm guessin ur a super stickler on oil changes?

what are your favorite tires?
Yes sir.... religious oil changes every 5000 miles, both car and bike. I use Mobil 1 in everything I own.... car, bike, and John Deere lawn tractor, it's treated me very well

I do believe my favorite tires are what I'm running now.... Michelin Pilot Road 2 rear and regular Pilot Power front. I just put a new rear on a week ago, got 21,000 miles out of my last PR2 rear and 13k out of the PP front. Also have favorites for chain/sprockets/chain lubes/brake pads/etc for making stuff last. Got 40,000 out of my last chain and sprockets and about 35,000 out of the set before that. I always replace with the same combo every time

whats up. i am on the other side of rutherfordton about 15 minutes. i think you sent my brother a message on the cbr forum or something he just got a 05 that has been layed down on the right side. probably about done riding for this year but we'll have to get up when the weather gets warmer.
Sweet deal... yea I'm about 25 mins from Forest City..... I live waaaaaay out in the sticks, 2 miles off 226. We'll definitely have to meet up sometime, even if it's just for dinner or something I'm always down. I think I remember talking to your brother too...

·
Registered
556 Posts
:toocool:

Man, i envy you for being close / in the mountains.. I am stuck out here where busas roam in a military town.. All about bling..

Welcome and I think its pretty cool that the r6 forum can pull non yami riders too :YEA

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:toocool:

Man, i envy you for being close / in the mountains.. I am stuck out here where busas roam in a military town.. All about bling..

Welcome and I think its pretty cool that the r6 forum can pull non yami riders too :YEA
LOL I used to live in south Florida, trust me I know EXACTLY what you mean there, hahahah :sing :throwup

And yes I absolutely LOVE it here in the mountains! I live kinda at the foothills, but there's still tons of twisty backroads right around my house, and then it's just then a hop skip and a jump to get to the really good stuff. Been wanting to get up this way for forever now, took getting laid off in Atlanta to finally be able to make my way up to these parts.

I've got a nice little place now, waaaay out in the sticks about 20 miles from any town in either direction, and love it!! Hoping I never have to move again :toocool:

·
Registered
556 Posts
All you need now is a nice little dirtbike or something and you'd be set! Be rockin some of the hills you got as a damn backyard :nocontrol

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All you need now is a nice little dirtbike or something and you'd be set! Be rockin some of the hills you got as a damn backyard :nocontrol
Ohhh yes, dirtbike is definitely in order! I rode my buddies (gooseward on here) YZ250 a week or so ago, and even though I only did a few laps around the yard, and almost killed myself going airborn off a steep drop off and couldn't see a thing cuz it was pitch black.... I'm hooked, must get one now, lol. There's trails and stuff in the woods in the back too, so I've def gotta get one

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how did u break in your bike?
Per the book.... took it easy for first 600 miles. I know there's a million different opinions on proper break in, but being that this was my first bike and I'd never ridden before, taking it easy was in order anyways, so I did it that way. Seems to have all worked out in the end...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts