Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took her apart today.

:boob

All plastics off.

Tank off.

Top half of the air box off

Headlights, brake lights...off, off, off.

First of all the air cleaner was DISGUSTING. 12,000 miles of hard core riding collects a lot of gunk. Found a couple of bugs in there too.

Does anyone know of other things I should look for or things I should do while she is apart???

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep...dirty, naked, and full of bugs....mmmmmmmmmmm

:scared

·
Registered
504 Posts
My guess would be just to check bolts and nuts to see if they're tight. Check hoses and any fluids, and also clean everything you can that might rust (I don't know if anything would, just a suggestion if it hasn't already). Other than that, I'm not to knowledgeable... but there's my two cents.

-Solace

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks yo, i'll be watchin this thread like a hawk, because I don't want to leave her the way she is for too long, but I want to make sure that while it is apart, I take advantage and do everything I can...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It took less than an hour to get it apart, but i suspect at least three times as long to put it back together.

I'm hoping I don't end up with any extra parts!!

Anyone got a spare fairing stay??

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The part that took the longest was:

You know that little orange rubber thing just under your gas tank?

The vent

well, it was pulled out of its little hole. When i tried to place it back in the hole, I dropped it inside the tank...NOT GOOD

Took about 2 1/2 hours to get it out.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Took about 2 1/2 hours to get it out.
:roll

Don't you hate that. Something stupid like that takes the longest of all.

I bet there was a bit of colorful language thrown around during that 2 1/2 hours.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dude, it's kinda funny..

Yea there was some spectacular displays of language for like the first two hours, but then I couldn't stop laughing at myself getting so pissed off at this little fucking orange thing that sank to the bottom of the little bit of gas left inside inside the tank.

To get it out I had to tilt the tank up until the stupid thing was in the perfect position, then stick my fingers way in there and kinda flick the tank until it rolled into my fingers.

:cuss turned into :mrgreen:

·
Registered
527 Posts
:mrgreen:

At least give her something to cover up with!!! Somethings look better in cloths. I hope you don't end up with extra parts. I used ziplock bags and labeled the area I took it from. Its helps if you keep a microfish copy close by.

Blade

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought like 20 little tupperware containers for this ordeal and did just that. I put all the blots and what-not in and labled them.

At least give her something to cover up with!!!
She gets a blanket to sleep under, but we don't want her getting too used to standing still, now do we :twisted:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts