Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode my bike to work today.....and now it is POURING ASS rain outside!!!!

I swear, if I ever meet a weatherman, I am kicking his ass for all of them!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Which is why I never drive my bike to work unless there is absolutely no chance of rain/showers/scattered/isolated/other bullshit.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Well I guess I'm in for a wet ride home. I ride mine almost every day. lol

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, me too....and almost everyday, I am all over the weather from the moment I get up. Today, I have been swamped, haven't thought about it until I went to smoke...and then drip, drip, drip, DOWNPOUR!!!

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, my jacket has rain layers, but those are at home...

I am still kicking some weatherman ass tho...hahahaha

I hate the rainy season in Texas...when is the drought coming??????

·
Hold My Beer & Watch This
43 Posts
If you ride the bike as much as possible (like me) then at some point you will get caught in the rain (like me).

It's not too bad - just take it easy, my biggest problem was visability.
Also look out for puddles, having a wall of water from the front tire totally soaking your legs is not fun.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My first vehicle was a bike. Did that for about 2 years. Rode it through rain, fog, heat, whatever. Had to get to work. Riding in the rain sucks no matter how much top quality rain gear you wear. Watch out for those slippery roads. Ate crap in the rain once because I was rubber-necking at a traffic accident and didn't notice the cars in front of me had stopped. I was on a corner, grabbed a handful of brake and the front end came out from under me. Doh! My pride was hurt more than the bike. :jacked

·
Registered
963 Posts
Did you park your bike outside or under covered parking?

I remember my back tire slid out after going through a puddle. I fish tailed pretty badly, but I managed to keep her up. Now I know, don't accelerate hard when your wheels are wet.

·
Registered
886 Posts
just be carefull when riding all the damm oils on the street come back up and make the streets crazy for driving ,,, its cloudy ass hell here little sprinkes here and there nothing too bad ,,,,

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh, its out in the open parking lot.....of course. BUT, looking at the radar, looks like the cell has moved on, and hopefully the Texas sun is drying things out right now....at least enought that the cagers aren't all crashing into each other right now.

Im sure I will have a case of wet-ass tho....

·
Registered
963 Posts
shit, damn, it's fucking cloudless and sunny outside, again for like the 365th time this year. now I'm going to have to ride after work...

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
me no likey Ed nomore..... :stab

·
Registered
953 Posts
Ed said:
shit, damn, it's fucking cloudless and sunny outside, again for like the 365th time this year. now I'm going to have to ride after work...
you too? i think it rained a couple years ago... or something i dont' really remember.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hahahahha....

well, looks like another cell coming through Dallas now, and since I am just a few miles north, I think I am heading out before it gets here....

laterz..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts