Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honest opinions on the differences between a 03 YZF-R6 and a 03 CBR-600RR? what noticalbe differences in excelleration/handleing between the two bikes?
im going to get a 03 600 both are beautiful machines. Normaly
this would be an easy decision.....R6! but i've been reading a lot lately and seems like the CBR-600RR gets the nod!? I've been riding a 92FZR600 for 5 years and i will probably ride my next bike for another 5 so i want to make the best decision!

PEACE Mike
:cheers

·
Registered
189 Posts
well every magazine that did a review in 03 crowned the R6 champ, The R6 also took the 1 and 2 spot in AMA supersport racing last year. buy what you will but we all love our bikes here.

and its acceleration. :cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
mike, the honda has a more stretched out riding position. honda's and suzuki's are popular stunting bikes. but the 03 R6 topped all four jap brands in an '03 600 shootout in Cycle World. then honda didn't have the agility or acceleration of the R6. personally, i think the honda riding position squishes the "boys" too much. :hump

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok the mag i was reading is "TWO"... its a british one you guys have swong me back! The market is so shitty for a 03 "sellers market" I prob just have to buy an 04. Thanks for slapping the stupid out of me! :gas

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Well, I almost bought the 03 rr last year, ended up going with the R6 and glad i did. It's hard to describe the difference's between the two cause they feel so similar.

The power of the R6 seems to hit faster, while the rr seems delayed, but once it hits on the rr it has some nuts also.

The R6 is way more finicky in the twisties, meaning it is alot quicker in movement and feels like it is doign all the work. Where the rr has a slower, almost heavier feel to turn-in etc... And unlike the R6, the bike has to be more ahh "controlled" it feels.

The rr has a smoother tranny and shifts smoother, but anything does compared to yamaha's. Not taking anything away from honda, every tranny on a honda i've ridden shifts like butter. yamaha's shift nicely also........just noisy.

You'll be ready to spend over $200 on a new seat for the honda after your first 20 miles or riding!

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
u just cant go wrong with a bike that came in second to the gixxer 1000 in the bike of the year shootout. and it only lost because the gixxer had 152 HP. on the road course it was only behind by 1 hundredth of a sec. so to me that says its the best 600cc out there :cheers

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
loki1313 said:
u just cant go wrong with a bike that came in second to the gixxer 1000 in the bike of the year shootout. and it only lost because the gixxer had 152 HP. on the road course it was only behind by 1 hundredth of a sec. so to me that says its the best 600cc out there :cheers
got that right my friend! I feel so lucky to own the best 600 out there! :cheers

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
Mikeeh76 said:
loki1313 said:
........ its the best 60cc out there :cheers
damn that must be one flawless machine to be a 60cc and come in second from the GSX R1000!!! I want one of those! :hammer
u feel better i changed it to be 600cc so now u would look kinda stupid if i hadnt posted this :stupic

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ride with a racing school and we had every bike on a dyno and put pipes on them all.

After it was all said and done. The 600rr had the worst power curve as far as peak power and torque.

Our profeesional racer loves his hondas and after seeing the poor performance he was pretty let down and decided he hated the new rr.

Plus it's like 40 lbs heavier than the R6.

·
Registered
836 Posts
All of the 600's are so close in performance, you're best off just buying the one that tugs at your heart-strings. For me, that was the R6.

Some of the cycle magazines are just interested in selling advertising space, so their reviews are hardly objective.

Last year CycleWorld rated the R6 #1 by a clear margin, yet this year CW expects us to believe that it isn't as good as two unchanged bikes it beat out last year??? Give me a fucking break.

I haven't received my Motorcyclist magazine this month, so I'm not sure what they said.

Roadracing World chose the R6 as the best middleweight because they felt it was easier to ride fast... even though the new gixxer was a bit faster.

Performance Bikes thought the R6 was TOO good, to the point of being dull.

I honestly bought the R6 because I thought it was the best looking and would make the best street-bike. Kinda funny now that it is a racebike.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RockyR6 said:
Last year CycleWorld rated the R6 #1 by a clear margin, yet this year CW expects us to believe that it isn't as good as two unchanged bikes it beat out last year??? Give me a fucking break.
Thats what i noticed as well; this is how they ranked the bikes
1. gsx600
2. CBR600R
3. ZX-6R
4. Daytona
5. R6

Reasons they the gave for ranking the R6 was the brakes felt like they were made of wood? and the front tires was too thin.

hard to belive that the yamaha got that much worse from 03-04 when their wasnt many changes? WTF! their biased

1 - 16 of 16 Posts