Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont recall exactly what happened, still seems like it was all a dream. I was cruising at about 30mph in a high traffic area (newport blvd). All I remember is I had just changed lanes and then had to break really fast, but somehow I nailed the throttle, then I grabbed too much break since the guy in front of me slammed on the breaks. I think because guy in front of him cut him off.. dont really know. either that or I'm just a f-up. it pisses me off cause i wasnt even jackin around, just cruising home. just goes to show that you have to be on your toes 100% of the time. I'm bummed, and my right leg is jacked. bike seemed to land upside down and I went flying forward over the bars. Didnt hit any cars. tank is perfect, just have to replace front plastics, and tail plastic. maybe headlight assy. I'll post pics when I get home this afternoon. I'm guessing a grand in damage. Well, im bummed, and I just wanted to vent.. :throwup

·
Registered
963 Posts
****, I just caught this today. I'm sorry to hear that, man. Well at least you weren't hospitalized. Fuckers cut me off left, right, and center all the time. The R6's brakes aren't all that great, so it can get spongey sometimes.

How's the bike doing? And how you healing up?

·
Registered
168 Posts
damn cagers! that happens to me alot, just had one yesterday
sorry to hear that bro. glad you came out ok
get well!

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Sorry about what happened. But we are all glad that you are okay and no broken bones or anything.

Yup you are right, we need to have 110% attention around us!
Stuff like that happens even when you least expect it.
Cagers sometimes never think that there are other motorist out there
riding two wheelers.

Ebay is the cheapest place to find replacement parts.

Got most of my plastic for under $1200 including headlight unit, front forks

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Ed said:
The R6's brakes aren't all that great, so it can get spongey sometimes.
get some stainless lines.

anyways, sorry to hear this man. always sucks to here this shit. as Mikeeh said, people don't bother to look most of the time cuz they figure if they can see another car through their periphery they can see a bike that way but they can't. turn your head and cough you stupid cagers!

heal up soon man!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Sorry to hear man. Something similar happen to me yesterday. I was just crusing and some dushbag with a FORD F-150 try to run me off the road. I honk and rev, and yet he still continue on what he was doing.

·
Registered
347 Posts
glad you are ok. it happens all the times even in car. i saw a vette almost ran into a mini van. ppl just dont' have preception? (i can' spell) these days. dont care how fast was the other cars doing in other lanes. one time i have to go between cars cause i can't break in time.

ppl just cant' drive these days. so becareful and always look out for mini-vans.... i mean alwasy look pass the cars infront of you

·
Registered
963 Posts
penfold said:
Ed said:
The R6's brakes aren't all that great, so it can get spongey sometimes.
get some stainless lines.

Yeah, I ended up getting Galfer steel braided brake lines, and they work wonders now, especially in the canyons...

·
Registered
80 Posts
So Chris when are you going to teach me how to do a stoppie lol. HAHAHAHAHA I'm just kidding you rat bastard. Karma's a bitch. At least you aren't hurt and the bike is almost done now!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Man that is some bullshit. I got my ass plastered just like that 2 weeks ago. Man I hate old farts, they are the problem to all my wrecks. I was riding home and the old bastard just stomped on his brakes and came to stop (40-0mph) cuase he got scared that some guy was comming into his laneb. And I might have freaked and pressed the front brake more than the back and did a stoppie. But it didnt end well with me going over. DAMN HOUSTON DRIVERS.

So cheer up bub, your not alone, we should make a gang and go after these fuckers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts