Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was pullin outta my parking lot... had cowhide leather gloves on and got a bad start... too fast... so i went to reach the front brake and the leather gribbed the throttle and turned it with my hand movement... next thing u know im fallin at 35 mph heading for a fence a curb and a car... lol every1 falls sometimes but i learned:

wear your helmet i hit my head against the curb from a 2 min ride... saved my life... you never know when its going to happen...

gloves saved my hands and jacket saved my back.... be carefull this season guys

btw minimal damage... top corner of headlight housing/glass cracked very little. and scratched on the fairings connecting to the headlights and a very little bit on the side my the decal. hopefully wont be more then 500$ to fix... wear your gear guys... worth every penny.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea ty me 2... was nerve wrecking... my first fall... i got scared and ill admit that but i kept my cool makin sure not to hit the front brakes hard so i dont go flyin over my handle bars... still tho more expirience and i woulda stopped that from happening.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
damn how long did you have your bike for?

·
RED ROCKET
3,164 Posts
Damn that sucks ... good thing you had ur stuff on. The first time I went down I was sooooooooooooooooooo thankful i had all my stuff on!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn how long did you have your bike for?
just about a week or two

never dropped until now haha im kinda glad it happened tho... taught me some lessons and i follow the saying that you learn from expirience...

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
I'm glad that most of the stories this season so far, are guys that came away unscathed due to wearing proper gear.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
glad to hear you were geared up. Were the gloves too big for you?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gloves are perfect hand hit the ground and slid a decent amount yet the leather is still in great condition 5 stars to icon for the product

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
glad you are alright and I hope you get the bike fixed soon.

·
I eat gixxer's
520 Posts
All these stories. I already dropped my bike at an intersection... It was 5am and I put my feet in oil (which i obviously didnt see) and my bike slowly slide to the ground as my foot slided :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts