Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Formerly Stealth Raven
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i have Been MIA for almost 2 months.. Work has been kicking my ass.. 6 days a week..I got a chance to go out and ride last Friday. was up on the snake pushing my self all day to learn my lines and getting better body positioning. I Was follwing a fellow forum member through his lines and getting my self accustom to the canyon, had about 3 hours of practice and started to get cocky. I came in to hot on a down hill right hand sweeping apex, and scraped my pegs and the rear end just came out from underneath me. bike went across the lanes with me right behind it.. slid about 50ft and came to a stop. Frame sliders saved the bike but not without about 300 dollars worth of damage. and my suit has some tears and my new boots got all scraped up :rant

all in all the gear literally saved my ass, besides some bruises to my thighs and my ego. I got right back up and made some passes and decided to call it a day..still kinda spooked from my experience, but im hoping ill shake it off and get right back out there.

and for you guys out there that know me... my bike literally has NO chicken strips!!

my inbox was emptied so if anyone has to get ahold of me, please feel free.

hope everyone is good and well.. ill be on here as much as possible.

:love

Corey

·
Formerly Stealth Raven
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damages include scraped up lower fairing (minimal) and trashed my tail section..which needed to be replaced anyways. and my frame slider is toast along with my bar end mirror.

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Glad you're ok, Corey.

Now that - that is out of the way.

You "went down on the snake" huh? ...who's snake?

NVM, I don't wanna know.. :laugh

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
damages include scraped up lower fairing (minimal) and trashed my tail section..which needed to be replaced anyways. and my frame slider is toast along with my bar end mirror.
:( I dont like reading that, I just put a bar end mirror on my bike over the weekend

·
Formerly Stealth Raven
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol they dont work well as bar end sliders...but i oly paid 30 for the pair..glad i didnt get CRGs

·
( . Y . )
3,176 Posts
damn that sucks, you just got your lic back too.......so what hap with the whole peg thing? Was it set to low or something? I have vortex adjustables on mine and im sorta worried about the samething happening to me.

·
Formerly Stealth Raven
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
damn that sucks, you just got your lic back too.......so what hap with the whole peg thing? Was it set to low or something? I have vortex adjustables on mine and im sorta worried about the samething happening to me.
Stock rearsets...I think i was going down no matter what.. all i remember is my pegs scraping and snapping up and my foot hitting the ground...then i was on my side going for a slide.

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
damn bro sucks but working at the yami dealer helps with repair and mods. anyways at least your ok and nothing major. Now saddle up and ride some more lol. A little easier said than done but take it EZ till you get your groove back.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
good to hear the damage wasn't to bad your 6 is to nice to scrape up :(

and that's kik ass that you work at a Yamaha dealer!! you'll be hearing from me soon :D

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
Glad to hear your alright and the damage was minimal. Just need some seat time now to get rid of the sketchiness, a few rides and you'll be back to normal. Ask me how I know!!!:sing

·
Formerly Stealth Raven
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if anyone wants to ride, i have thursday and friday off..anywhere in the LA area/malibu

1 - 20 of 49 Posts