Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Candy R6
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up guys, Well.. I went down today.. I was taking a curve at about 50mph and she came out from under me.. I lowsided.

As i was leaning I just felt her slide out from under me and i tumbled right after her... I tumbled for a while and then landed on my back and slid for a while. My bike went into a barbwire fence i ended up about 20 feet away from my bike and my backpack was across the street...

The bike is not too bad.. right side fairings are done for, My rear brake pedal is bent in towards the motor, my rear spool is snapped off along with the bolt that holds it there... my turn signal was ripped off and wires are dangling, my front brake lever is grinded down a bit, my mirror was mildly scratched, and my graves exhaust is scratched.. but I rode her home just fine! =)

Luckily I wore my leathers, They saved me today... The knees are shredded and the jacket is shredded and the back is scratched from the sliding... The sleeves are shredded, and have holes in em, My gloves are torn and scratched. my boots are also scratched.. Ohh well.. all is good.. im a little sore, but Alright.. Just thought Id share with ya...

·
Registered
102 Posts
sorry to hear that man. I went down not too long ago and it still gets to me sometimes. And like a week before I got fired from my job so I had to pinch pennies and still am kinda. haven't rode since. It gives a big blow to your pride when you survive a crash without any serious injuries. Good luck to getting it back on the road.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Sorry to hear man. Glad you are okay. Gear FTW. :D

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
wow man, sounds pretty intense... Good thing you were leathered up, from the sound of it, you should have been ****ed up... Rebuild and remount my friend!

·
Dan the man
292 Posts
looks like leathers saved the day...sorry to hear bout the bike, good to hear you made it out alright

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
good to hear you were wearing gear, hope you get the bike fixed soon.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Glad you're ok, and just another (not that it's necessary) great reason to wear protective gear all the time. That would have been some serious road rash.

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
Glad your ok, I have been close to losing it in a turn. I had the wheel turned in to much instead of counter steering and it wobbled on me at about 50 mph but fortunately the steering damper helped me through it. Glad your ok, and the bike appears to be in pretty good shape still.

·
Candy R6
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thnks for the replies guys...

yeh, the bike hit some dirt and grass... I think thats what saved it from a lot more damage.. =) I however... just went on the road..

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
glad u r ok, a must read for those advacating "no gear" for street riding

its cheaper and easier to replace leathers/gear than half of the bike so i think u got a good deal (dont get me wrong - i wish it wouldnt happen to anyone)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
sorry to hear about your spill bro, but on the up side, your bike doesn't look like mine. buff the scratches out, get flushies and get back on the road. just in case you guys didn't catch the other thread, this is what happens to a 50th if you dick around on the highway and run out of luck

didn't mean to hijack your thread bro, just wanted to show you how lucky you and your bike are. ride safe

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hey what's up guys, Well.. I went down today.. I was taking a curve at about 50mph and she came out from under me.. I lowsided.

As i was leaning I just felt her slide out from under me and i tumbled right after her... I tumbled for a while and then landed on my back and slid for a while. My bike went into a barbwire fence i ended up about 20 feet away from my bike and my backpack was across the street...

The bike is not too bad.. right side fairings are done for, My rear brake pedal is bent in towards the motor, my rear spool is snapped off along with the bolt that holds it there... my turn signal was ripped off and wires are dangling, my front brake lever is grinded down a bit, my mirror was mildly scratched, and my graves exhaust is scratched.. but I rode her home just fine! =)

Luckily I wore my leathers, They saved me today... The knees are shredded and the jacket is shredded and the back is scratched from the sliding... The sleeves are shredded, and have holes in em, My gloves are torn and scratched. my boots are also scratched.. Ohh well.. all is good.. im a little sore, but Alright.. Just thought Id share with ya...

glad you are safe.

·
Registered
316 Posts
nice that you're ok. Your bike seems to be great. You got pretty lucky =)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts