Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First the dyno run
engine mods: 01-02 crank, rods, and pistons, factory pro jet kit, velocity stacks, head decked .010", two piece head gasket, full yosh rs3 stainless, and stock air filter. This was also done w/ a 6" stretch and a 15/52 520. I only got one run in, it was midnight and i started leaking coolant from a hose.

The next is my Test & tune on Sunday. Couldn't hook up to save myself. Nothing but roastin the tire. My buddy got a vid of the only time i hooked up ok comin out easy. The garbage bridgestone i was runnin has been replaced with a shinko:)

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=32772345

·
Registered
237 Posts
what did you run??

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
best pass was an 11.19 @ 121 w/ a 1.7 60' comin out easy. I hooked up one other time and went 11.34 @ 120 with a 1.85 60', i wheelied and let out of it. The rest of the time i was spinning. After lookin @ the dyno sheet i think i'm shifting to late @ 15.500, i think i'm going to move it up around 14,000. Any suggestions for shift lights?

·
Registered
237 Posts
i shift mine around 15,300 @ 15,500

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah by that point i'm down to 94 hp, when i shift there it's droppin back to around 14k so i'm shfitin back into my peak and then falling off from there. So i figure if i shift sooner i'll hopefully hit it'll where i'll fall just below my peak, hit it, and then run out a little after so i can do it all again. Still tryin to find a good shift light that goes high enough rpm at a decent price.

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
yes, you may be losing some HP closer to 15k, but from 15, do you know where the bottom of the next gear is? you may have a disadvantage going that high in one gear, but that may GAIN you HP going into the next gear... if you shift at 14K, it may be more powerful in that gear, but you may lag in the next.

just food for thought... don't know the rpm #'s for the gears, so can't say for sure...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i know exactly what youre saying and right now i'm trying ti figure out where it should be so i'm not revvingto high and also not letting the rpm drop to low going into the next gear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts