Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I own you
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the track on Saturday. Good news was I ran a 11.87 @ 120mph. Bad news was i fell over when i was doing a burn out and scratched my bike up a little bit! :cuss I broke a foot peg and scratched the lower fairing a the exhaust a little bit, but nothing to bad.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not bad man, I'm hoping to dip into the low 11's when I go in a few weeks.....what were your 60fts and 1/8 mile times? Got any pics of the timeslips??

Sucks about the bike but at least you didn't flip it halfway down the track!

Was it hard keeping the front end down? Everytime I've shifted at 15k rpm from 1st to 2nd, the front end comes up. What RPM were you shifting at???

·
I own you
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have any pics, but i could take some. My 60ft was 2.2 sec and 1/8th mile was 7.8 seconds. I was shifting at around 14 and then going to redline in 3rd. I was using the clutch to shift everytime except the last, so i could improve my times by doing that. With more practice, especially on the launch i could definitely hit low 11's.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah, get that 60ft down and you'll surprise yourself with the times. Should be able to pull a 1.8-1.9 60ft I'd say with some practice...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
The bike is capable of running 10's so definately get your launch down, and work on shifting at optimal power. With our bikes, shifting too soon will rob you of peak HP advantages. Peak HP on the 6 is upward of 12-14k.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts