Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'd Hit It
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
STAR runs at Chuckwalla and CLASS runs at Streets. Of course you could also just do the new riders school at one of the upcoming WERA weekends, 5/25 and 6/29 at ACS both have schools.
I assume I will probably get more instruction at one of the schools vs a class at a wera event or am I wrong?? Thinking about signing up for a Superbike school at willow ..

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
Well are you just looking for the certification to get you WERA license or are you actually looking to take a school for the learning?

Your assumption is correct. The WERA school is probably just a certification of your skills to make sure you are safe on track and some instruction on flags and procedure and stuff. So yes, you will get much better instruction from CSS. But you will still have to take the classroom portion at the WERA school though because CSS wont cover that stuff.

ps, the WERA forum seems like a good place for this discussion. In fact, I'm sure if you search around there you will find all your questions have already been answered.

What's the significance of a "WERA-approved" school? Is this for race licensing?
Yeah.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
In that case - if you're *just* looking to get your license, I'm pretty sure CVMA, and possibly MotoWest GP have reciprocity with WERA, so you could go do the new racer school with one of them and then go race WERA.

If you're not planning on racing with them though, it's kind of a ridiculous round about way to get your WERA license.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts