Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pc3 usb on my 03 r6 and just recently put on a werkes gp slip on exhaust. I thought that there would be a power increase but i only feel like i lost torque in the low end of my rpm's. I have tried a few different maps out but none seem to work that well. Could anyone help me out with this? What map to use and also i have a k&n air filter on my bike i tried reseting the throttle position according to the video dynojet has on there website also.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
You lost low RPM torque because you have zero backpressure. This will make you lose any low PRM power, or so it will seem.

·
Derp
1,308 Posts
Looks and sound.

Honestly, if you wanted performance you should have went with a full exhaust. I didn't notice much power loss with mine installed, running a custom map and MJS headers.

I am looking at switching. The shit is insanely loud and I don't think my neighbors will appreciate me leaving at 5:00 am during the week and some weekends.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
you should do a 520 -1/+2 and gain some of the torque back....you will loose up top

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
It's not worth tuning a slip-on with the stock headers. More than likely, he's lost his bottom end due to the EXUP valve being removed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts