Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm driving in my car (only 17 - can't get bike til 18) to the local supermarket and it is a mile away. As I'm driving lightning was goin off left and right. And I like crazy weather so it got me thinking do motorcyclists ride in lightning? Next thing I know, I see a streetbike so I thought that was funny. In less than a minute, I arrived at the supermarket and it started pouring. I was just chillin in the rain cuz it was 100 degrees in Jerzy today so I was like **** it, its just water. Then I thought of that motorcyclist and I was like man that blows cuz this shit was SEVERE for like 10 mins with branches falling and shit. Anyways, I just gave you a whole uneccesary story when my only question is do u ride in lightning?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
rain scmane i rode 30 min through the rain to get to austin the other day and it was nice and sunny i was dry in 10 min just have to be careful and realize that its slippery but yeah i won't ride if its ubercrazy out definetely lightning but thats me. i think its miserable though i hate being wet so yeah its not fun but sometimes its worth it most of the time you can just wait it out

edit: just lighting probably but then i would be out storm chasing

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
My bike hasn't been hit with rain since it was built but I almost got caught up in a freak storm a few days ago. The storm was headed south and so was I. So I just got off an exit early, rode around aimlessly, then headed back en route. I did hit a few wet spots though so I did get some splashing :(

But no, I don't ride in the rain.

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
Rode my R6 home from the dealer in the rain. Did about 90 miles of rain coming home Monday. Only bad lightening I was in was 2 years ago in a Thunderstorm in St. Paul, I was on I35E and was hoping since the tractor trailers where higher than me they would get hit first. Snow stops me from riding though.

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
F any weather besides dry weather. So I guess I'd ride in lightning, but of course I would assume it'd be about to rain. So...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts