Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
You wanna touch my what?
1,307 Posts
I'm sorry your friend died. I also think it's ironic that the sportbike/stunt bike community has a FTP attitude (like running from the cops) but when one of their own essentially kills themselves on the road, now they're up in arms about the cops doing their jobs and investigating what happened? I'll tell you what happened, dude made a bad decision and paid for it with his life. Now the family wants to jam up the dudes he was riding with because they didn't stop? Maybe I just read it wrong, but you can't have it both ways.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
I'm sorry your friend died. I also think it's ironic that the sportbike/stunt bike community has a FTP attitude (like running from the cops) but when one of their own essentially kills themselves on the road, now they're up in arms about the cops doing their jobs and investigating what happened? I'll tell you what happened, dude made a bad decision and paid for it with his life. Now the family wants to jam up the dudes he was riding with because they didn't stop? Maybe I just read it wrong, but you can't have it both ways.
Exactly what I was thinking.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
You wanna touch my what?
1,307 Posts
Well that's where you just fall short of knowing what's going on. The guys with the FTP attitude are all the street riders. The lot riders don't have that mentality at all. It really caused tension between the two worlds. And yea when you see a guy who is supposed to be buddy hit a truck and you just keep running even though the cop didn't even pursue you, yea that's just all around shitty in my book. If you notice they pointed out Tom-ass exclusively. Because they know he was there, that he saw preston wreck and kept on going. He even wrecked further down the road and still never looked back. He went to the funeral sat all by himself and then tried to hide the mangled up arm under a hoody and acted as if nothing ever happend. The guy has done soo many peopl wrong, been involved in boosting bikes and no one has ever been able to do anything about it. Maybe something finally will happen. He would be the person that deserves it. Also, I even stated in my first post that Preston made a some bad decisions. No denying that. Not to mention I didn't call the cops out, the news did. I'm just curious if after this video and little hint hint towards Tom-ass if they finally lock his ass up.
I know as much as you cared to post. Don't mistake my reply with giving a shit. Like I said, I'm not here to piss on your buddies grave, and I agree, Thomas is a piece of shit. But what do you want to charge him with? Fleeing the scene of a suicide?

At some point we're all responsible for our actions--and we can only hope the cost of some lessons is something we're willing to pay. Thomas has been allowed to do what he does because the people he rides with are cowards plain and simple, and it was all good until the cool kid (Preston) lost his life. Now it's " he was a good kid with the wrong crowd" and "people did him dirty".

You're correct, I don't know all the facts. You obviously do. The question is what you plan on doing about it. Perhaps posting what you did is it, I don't know. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

·
^^ tallest Yamaha rider^^
6,296 Posts
:stupic

that's why u don't run from the cops...OP, your rant is kinda pointless...sorry

·
Registered
561 Posts
i'm sorry for your loss. this is exactly the kind of riders that piss me off though. not necessarily the ones that leave the scene of a fallen friend, but the ones who put themselves in the situation to need to do that in the first place. this is exaclty why sportbikes have a bad name, and it's a shame that that's the way it is

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
:stupic

that's why u don't run from the cops...OP, your rant is kinda pointless...sorry
i'm sorry for your loss. this is exactly the kind of riders that piss me off though. not necessarily the ones that leave the scene of a fallen friend, but the ones who put themselves in the situation to need to do that in the first place. this is exaclty why sportbikes have a bad name, and it's a shame that that's the way it is
Sorry for your friend... I have to agree with the rest though. :nono

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I know as much as you cared to post. Don't mistake my reply with giving a shit. Like I said, I'm not here to piss on your buddies grave, and I agree, Thomas is a piece of shit. But what do you want to charge him with? Fleeing the scene of a suicide?

At some point we're all responsible for our actions--and we can only hope the cost of some lessons is something we're willing to pay. Thomas has been allowed to do what he does because the people he rides with are cowards plain and simple, and it was all good until the cool kid (Preston) lost his life. Now it's " he was a good kid with the wrong crowd" and "people did him dirty".

You're correct, I don't know all the facts. You obviously do. The question is what you plan on doing about it. Perhaps posting what you did is it, I don't know. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.
I don't intend on doing anything because their isn't anything I can do. I never said he should be held responsible for Prestons death. The only reason that I think he should have stopped and even mad about that is because the paramedics told his family and everyone else that if someone would have stopped they very well could have stopped the bleeding until help arrived and he might still be with us today. The cop that flashed his lights at them befor they all made the idiotic mistake to run exited right after so not even he stopped, he didn't even know there was a wreck. Not his fault, but tom-ass did see it and kept going. That just shows how self centered he is and his disregard for other lives. Now to paint the picture better why I think he should be in jail stems much further than this whole situation. He has been investigated for stealing bikes. The instance the news spoke of with him getting the felony charge for evasion was during one of those investigation. He was seen scouting out a bike they were going to sting him with and a cop made a poor decision and decided to try and stop him while casing the place instead of catching him red handed. He(tomass) knew what he was doing and ran from the cops they blocked his ass off and took him to jail. That foiled their whole theft ring investigation. He was charged with evasion only because at that point they couldn't prove anything and he knew they were out to get him. He had been investigated for MC theft in the past aswell. Just was careful enough that he never got caught. So my point is the guy has a long record of being a menace. He's gotten away with it all for the most part too. At least anything that could really get him some jail time. Obviously someone out there thinks he is guilty of something or they wouldn't have plastered his face on the news and none of the other DSR guys, not like it's hard to find out who they all are....
http://www.myspace.com/dallasstuntriderz

I don't care if they arrested him for refusing to recycle. Whatever they can successfully charge him with to get him off the streets is fine by me. He is a theif and probably responsible for quiet a few members here who have had their bikes stolen in this area. Again with Preston, yes it was his own fault. At that is so aggrevating because a lot of people warned him and told him to stay away that some bad shit could happen really easily, he ignored being a young kid refusing to listen and the worst did happen. It just sucks because you feel like maybe I could have done more even though there is nothing that any of us could have done other than warn him and try to encourage him not to ride streets. Not saying Tom-ass should be held accountable for that but if they think he should be charged with failure to render aid I wouldn't have any objections. Tomass has been ducking and dodging the law too long.

How do you think I feel? I live in this area and I am a stunt rider. These D-bag street riders raising hell all the time makes it that much harder for all of us guys trying to be safe. Now because they act an ass out on public road, so just because I stunt and ride my bike to the spot every cop out here is probably going to fcuk with me because I'm riding a stunt bike therefore I must be doing wheelies on the roads and breaking every law in the book when that couldn't be any further from the truth. It was bad enough before but after this I'm sure cops will really be cracking down. Which I don't really have a problem with other than it makes it a hassle for all of us who aren't out on the streets being assholes and being profiled as a result of others bad actions.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why did you delete your original post?
Because everyone thought I was trying to stick up for Preston's mistake(which I never said and I even said it was his fault) and said my rant was pointless so I removed it. Apparently deleon thought I was saying the cops aren't doing their job. What I was saying is are the cops now finally going to do something about tom-ass? I'll post the news segment back up though.

·
First Gen FTW
11,444 Posts
Because everyone thought I was trying to stick up for Preston's mistake(which I never said and I even said it was his fault) and said my rant was pointless so I removed it. Apparently deleon thought I was saying the cops aren't doing their job. What I was saying is are the cops now finally going to do something about tom-ass? I'll post the news segment back up though.
Ya...cuz it makes this thread VERY confusing at first :poke

·
R6 Lover
858 Posts
You know what. Everytime I do something stupid on my bike I realize that I could have just lost my life. Nobody to blame but me, not my friends, not the cops, not even the guy that pulled out in front of me.
Everytime I make a squid move like hauling ass around a blind curve, doing 50+ the speed limit, passing in between cars, swerving through traffic, I know this could be the last time I get too push my luck. I got comfy on my bike and got the bad attitude that I could handle anything. Fact is I cant and given enough time I will wind up dead.
Must be 10+ times I hauled balls around a corner only to face a car or roadkill or some object in the road. Thanks to the incredible handling of the r6 and my incredible dumb squid luck I avoided going down every time. Each time I was an inch from death or series crippling injury.
Thing is our bikes can get us killed easily, I have heard of guys losing their lives because they hit a speed bump a little too fast. You could imagine the ass end of a car doing 80+. I thank god everytime I avoid a shitty situation, but for some reason I still do stupid ass stuff every now and then.
Again only we are responsible for ourselves out there. I know that I could almost 100% reduce the chances of dying by doing what I do best and riding carefully and cautiously but every now and then I do something stupid, and it sucks when that one time costs you your life.
Anyway, I am a new rider with 1 season and almost 3000 miles under my belt. Got myself into easily 100 close calls and never went down, but I know I could kill myself easily with one dumbass move.

·
R6 Lover
858 Posts
All this cop hate is really starting to get old. Seems that people only hate cops when it hits close to home :nono
Amen cops arent killing bikers, bikers are killing bikers. Responsibility lies on us, the shit I learned in msf has saved my life numerous times. I am not even an experienced rider I been riding a year at most and I got myself out of some situations from what I leanred in that $100 class.
If you listened to the cops all the time you would be much much safer out there.

·
Registered
561 Posts
All this cop hate is really starting to get old. Seems that people only hate cops when it hits close to home :nono
not true. i hate cops all the time :sing every time i've ever needed them to actually do something of importance they havnt come through and have done nothing to help. every time i've come in contact with them otherwise they're trying extremely hard to ticket me or others for completely stupid irrelevant shit.

i think the number one priority should be stopping actual crime..not ticketing for going 6mph over, having a tinted plate cover, tinted windows, or something made up that we both know will get dropped in court...that's just me tho

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.