Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title. Talking easy plug and play please.

The mini Triumph indicators on my mate Daytona 675R are tiny! And want similar! Would love your input.

Photos would be fantastic (directly at the R6's back end best) hopefully we can get a bit of a photo gallery going.
Include age of R6, model of indicators, easy to fit? & a link to purchase maybe?

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
I put small 4" led strips by the back of my bike. I used blue for now. I might change to amber or so. Idk. I might take then down and make my passenger pegs into turn signals. Here's a pic though. Automotive tire Cobalt blue Tire Automotive lighting Light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Headlamp Light Tire

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
A work in progress...
13,658 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think he's talking about turn signals.

Correct, turn signal indicators.

I am actually thinking of getting an integrated tail, but want to see if I can get done nice indicators too.

@RyMoney : they look great mate. What is the back on the LEDs like? How did you fix it to your bike?

I would like something I can "plug" in rather than cutting and splicing/soldering if possible. Assuming the mini official Triumph ones will not plug and plug?

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
If you get an integrated tail you might have to. Idk anyway for my tail it's integrated and I had to splice my turn signals into it but not the main tail light part. It's very very easy. I didn't solder them I just wrapped them up and crimped them and put electrical tape over them and then zip tied them with all of the other wires on the side. I put both to the black negative wire for the turns, and the greenish I think is right and brownish is left? I forget. I tested them and turned my signals on and got it first try. Well as far as turn signals go. Look up fender eliminator kits. I saw some where it is just the license plate bracket with two very small turn signals on the bracket. Looks pretty decent to me. With the integrated tail you can't really tell which way you're turning from behind. Some of my friends told me that as well when I would ride. So I put those leds on so people can know which way I turn.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@RyMoney - so to confirm, in addition to your turn signal LEDs do you have an integrated taillight unit as well?

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
http://m.ebay.com/itm/251450630010
It is plug and okay. It says r6s but should work. It is plug and play. The license plate light is not plug and play and you have to splice it, just like any others would. Don't think you can get around the license plate without splicing it? Cheap eBay though.

http://www.jazzmotorsports.com/puig...p-73440.html?gclid=CMn2raz9_bwCFW1nOgodwBwAJA
Nice puig one. Should be plug and play. No license plate though.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=350462731802
Cheap eBay one again.

Those are all sort of pricey. I paid $15 for my rear turns. Took like 15mins or so to install. I stuck the wire under the tail inside the fairings so the wire wasn't hanging out and you couldn't see it. My license plate bracket was like $10 or so.

·
Registered
146 Posts
$8.99 stealth blinkers off ebay. They came chrome but I color matched them to the fairing. They work great at night, but not noticeable during the day due to only having 3 LEDs. Im tryin to firgure out how to post pics from my phone...

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got a link of where you got them from. s

I am slightly concerned 3 LEDs are not really going to be visible during the day?

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
has anyone simply said "integrated"? i didn't read all this fluff. the "smallest rear indicator" is actually none - they're simply integrated into the rear brake light assembly.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts