Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
17 keeps the electrical and fuel connectors for the fuel pump from hitting with the tank removed and 20 helps hold the vent lines
So for 17 are you saying that if I took the tank off and put it flat down (as is in the illustration) it will protect the connectors on the tank from breaking? Also am I supposed to put the electrical connectors on one side of it and the fuel lines on the other when putting the tank back on, and for 20 are the vent hoses supposed to slot through its opening? Thanks for the info, really appreciate it

·
nova r6
3,258 Posts
yea if you have this install and the nose of the tank down the fuel pump and connectors should be not touching the ground, for the routing look at the 2003 main manual and the 2004 and 2005 supplement manuals. They will show proper hose routing for all of that. You can find the manuals on R6 Service/Maintenance/Repair Manual

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea if you have this install and the nose of the tank down the fuel pump and connectors should be not touching the ground, for the routing look at the 2003 main manual and the 2004 and 2005 supplement manuals. They will show proper hose routing for all of that. You can find the manuals on R6 Service/Maintenance/Repair Manual
Thanks tdoss, that has cleared some things up for me

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,457 Posts
Yep tank doesn't hit the connections nor leak fuel when not on the frame. The plug and fuel line can only go one way and then dangle when the tank is dropped down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts