Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removing my rear sets to get them powdercoated. Was removing the rear set on brake side and these 2 brackets dropped off in the process and I was not paying attention where they came from or how they were assembled. Anybody have any ideas or could post a pic of how they are on your bike. My bike is a 2007.

Also Can the shift pedal be removed from the shift rod in order to be sent off to powder coating? If so how would I do that. Seems its just connected to the ball joint without a way to remove it. Has anybody had their shift pedal and rod powder coated?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bike bandit would have an online schematic that may help.

If the flyers can't get a decent winger to play with Giroux and Jake along with some stud defensemen, it's going to be a long 5 years,
alright thanks will give that look.

Yea, I really think Raffl was a great fit for that line. They were developing some great chemistry until he got hurt. Or if we had the depth a player like simmonds would be a great fit with his board play and net presence but his current line is good and removing him would cause more issues. Better puck management and breakouts will go a long way. I am so tired of the standing still in the neutral zone waiting for the pass to break into the zone, to easy to defend. The last few games have been soooo frustrating and this road trip is going to be brutal if they do not figure something out. A defensemen is definitely needed for sure though, our prospects are close to ready but not close enough.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty much exactly as you have them pictured. Put the one on the right on top of the one on the left and that should hold the cables in place. The little nipple on the plate on the right needs to go into the slot on the plate on the left.
Oh cool, yea I see what you mean.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Looking at the schematic drawings looks like the shift pedal can not be removed from the ball joint, darn.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If the powdercoater knows what he's doing, he should be able to get it done. I had it done a while ago.
Awesome thanks. Yea I live near Bonehead performance, and from everything I have read they are excellent, so that shouldn't be a problem. Gonna stop by Saturday to drop it all off, anxious to see the finished product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts