Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
'taking n00bs to school'
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I apologize for stealing the pic, but it had the best angle.

What are those? I noticed mine were all the way tightened down so I got a wrench and lifted them back up to about 6 "washers" or whatever they are.

I can't "search" as I have no idea that those are...i'm guessing the suspension my bike came with was all jacked up from it's previous owner

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Those are your preload adjusters or your compression adjusters, you have both circled in the picture. Your compression adjustment is the flathead screw in the middle, the preload adjuster is the ~14mm(not sure exact size) blue bolt head. I would suggest finding a suspension guy and having him do a basic setup for you, or do a search for how to properly set your sag.

·
'taking n00bs to school'
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both very much. There's a guy that offers stock suspension tuning for about $20. I'll deffientely be seeing him soon

·
Registered
33 Posts
Those are your preload adjusters or your compression adjusters, you have both circled in the picture. Your compression adjustment is the flathead screw in the middle, the preload adjuster is the ~14mm(not sure exact size) blue bolt head. I would suggest finding a suspension guy and having him do a basic setup for you, or do a search for how to properly set your sag.
Um is in fact your rebound adjuster that adjusts at the top of the fork with a flatblade, not your compression adjuster its located at the bottom of the fork.

MM

·
Registered
33 Posts
Inverted forks are the same for the most part the cartridge still sits the same way up in the fork. Some of the european forks are the other way round with Comp adj in one leg and rebound adj in the other. Most or all the jap stuff I've seen has the rebound adjuster at the top and comp at the bottom.

·
Bike Newb =[
176 Posts
The blue bolts in that picture are not equal, are they supposed to be like that? Shouldn't they be the same? And how would I adjust them?

The blue bolts are preload adjuster?

·
Bike Newb =[
176 Posts
The ones on my 2000 R6 are not even either, this is why I ask. Thanks for the instruction and info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts