Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Nothing...

And I've been meaning to go snowboarding, never done it... What's a good place near NY for noobs?

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing...

And I've been meaning to go snowboarding, never done it... What's a good place near NY for noobs?
For noobs hit up Mountain Creek. It's 45 minutes west in to Jersey. Small mountain but they have a ton of classes that are well priced, and 1/2 of the mountain is all terrain park. They have from beginner rails and hits to 20 foot kicker jumps. They actually do X games there too.

Small, convenient because it's so close, and great stuff for all types of riders!

·
Track Aficionado
1,184 Posts
You full season down south riders SUCK!!!! hahaha. Although, the way global warming is going you all will see snow sometime soon, lol. Maybe we'll start getting your heat.
Snow in SoCal, huh? I hope I live long enough to see that day and tell my grand children about it. :*tongue

You guys have it rough, man. :thumbdown

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
You full season down south riders SUCK!!!! hahaha. Although, the way global warming is going you all will see snow sometime soon, lol. Maybe we'll start getting your heat.
yeah, i know, South sucks big time... that's why i moved from MA 8 years ago :lmao

This is what is like right now. i am 30 minutes away from Clearwater beach.:toocool:

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
yeah, i know, South sucks big time... that's why i moved from MA 8 years ago :lmao

This is what is like right now. i am 30 minutes away from Clearwater beach.:toocool:
With nothing but flat roads :poke

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
perfect for 150+mph speeds :lmao or drag racing if you are into cars too....i love it :nocontrol

·
Ride It
984 Posts
Winter involves me sitting at the window, pointing and yelling obscenities at every snow flake that falls until spring time. And playing Forza and hopefully GT5 sometime this year... :bash

·
R6 Pilot
647 Posts
Hockey. I lace up the skates and fcuk people's world up.

·
Eh?
322 Posts
I go underground. Just rappelled about ~30 feet without a harness, just on belay and a rope, after being underground for 3 hours. Super fun.

Oh and skiing, but the mountains aren't open yet.

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
Hmm..what is this winter you speak of? Is it that week where we get really cold weather mixed with a little rain and then it's nice and sunny again by the weekend? :D

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Hmm..what is this winter you speak of? Is it that week where we get really cold weather mixed with a little rain and then it's nice and sunny again by the weekend? :D
dont you remeber last year when it snowed long enough to cover the ground real quick and then what the next day it melted and we could ride again

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
I don't put my bike away - when it snows, I fill the tank put in some stabil and put her up on stands. Other than that, as long as temps are above freezing I take her out; at least for a ride to the cinema or something. She needs exercise too.

But I do hit up Hunter, Killington and Windham during the winter.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts