Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up,

myself and a friend of mine (manufactures honda/acura shortshifters), are about to make some flush mounts for probably R6's/R1's and hondas

I'm just curious as to some enhancements you guys might think would improve on the flush mounts that are currently out there. I heard one person say that different colored bulbs would be cool as most of them come in only yellow etc.

The flushmounts will probably be made out of aluminum as it is easy to work with and we just want to make some tight looking flush mounts.

any advice would be awesome!

thanks

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
well i would like some that look good personally, but as far as different colored bulbs go, most use yellow cause its the only legal color u can use besides white. and i would suggest u use LEDs if possible. :cheers

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
current bitches with flush-mount lights...

they cost too damn much

if they fit good, they usually aren't bright enough...if they are bright enough, they usually look like ass

I agree, something LED for sure, as LED is brighter and cooler! Amber LEDs, clear lens prefereably.

my .02

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
penfold said:
something that isn't held on by 2 sided tape preferably.
HAHAHAHA...AMEN! I had to go and buy a hot glue gun after I bought the 6....JUST for installing lights :roll:

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
in my opinion the greggs customs flushmounts are the best looking set. the only gripe i have with these are, the leds are just a 2 wire set up. you have to make a choice of either using it for turn signals or parking lights. if i could use both it would be much better.

if you guys could manufacture a LED flushmount with billet aluminum housing, using a 3 wire type LED. then you just got yourself a customer here. not to mention other customers from this forum.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
defenitly a three wire LED. also give a choise in some colors if possible. black and red and silver are the easiest but i know theres some people with blue that would like em :cheers

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
all great suggestions boys...

if i may add one more thing it would be to use exact factory colors if painting anything around the lights/LEDs AND make them specifically for the R6 or whatever model your making them for cuz universal fitting stuff sucks (IMO)

good luck and send me a pair if you make them.....

·
Registered
963 Posts
flush mounts that can still be used as running lights. I think somebody already mentioned that.

and some flush mounts that you can see from the front. California drivers aren't too good at noticing small ass lights like the Gregg's Custom Flush Mounts, so something bright and that are able to be seen from the front would get my money in a heartbeat.

And yeah, something that matches the factory coloring and fits in without having to use a dremel.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
excellent suggestions guys.

i pretty much got some good ideas now. now, as they say...to the drawing board! I will let everyone know when we have a finished product! keep your eyes and ears open!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I got mine from graphic art moto designs. The only thing i dont like about mine is that the lens develops moisture in it for a short time after washing my bike. It goes away rather quick, but in time will cause a problem and for $100 I'll be pissed if/when that happens.

other than that, clear lens, 5 little amber LED's, love them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
www.GreggsCustoms.com

www.GreggsCustoms.com has the most pimp ass TS that I have seen yet. I bought a pair and the were easy as hell to install. Just becareful b/c the back of the LED's are fragile! They are a bit expensive and that is my gripe, but everyone that seen em just talked about how cool they were and how much they liked that mod on my bike. Another gripe I had with em was that both sides tended to flash when I had either side for a blinker on. It has something to do with the LED taillights that I got from CUSTOM LED and the integration or something like that. I just made front into running lights and put the signals in the headlights. Made for some really expensive running lights but I was happy. Most other "flushmounts" dont compare to the ones I had in my opinion.

X :usa

1 - 12 of 12 Posts