Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey was looking at protective gear and just wondering what i can do to protect my lower body. more specifically the thigh and hip area

is a pair of riding pants my best bet or is there some type of armor i can wear under jeans? thanks!

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
hey was looking at protective gear and just wondering what i can do to protect my lower body. more specifically the thigh and hip area

is a pair of riding pants my best bet or is there some type of armor i can wear under jeans? thanks!
I have the short A* track pants. The thigh and hip protection is minimal compared to other areas like the shin. There is a thin light pad that goes over the hip and ass cheeks. But really the thighs and hips are just protected by the leather itself. There is a badass shin pad and the knee pucks. I don't know what you could get in addition to track pants

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts

You can buy some leathers with armor already built in. I have a nice pair from Field sheer, they haven't been tested yet though.

You can also buy armor, like knee and shin pads. and they also sell a garter like you use in football that have hip, tail bone and booty cheek protection. You can wear all of that under some armored jeans.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i know icon makes nice shin/knee pads and ive seen underwear that had padding by the tail bones and hip areas.. atleast u wont see it under ur jeans

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

Sorry...couldn't resist:lmao

·
candy red
7,505 Posts

Sorry...couldn't resist:lmao
your missing my black and gold packs :sing lol jping, what about those icon riding pants. there jean style look preaty good and offer good protection (so i hear). they also have a insulated sleeve in them so when it gets hot you can take it out and be cooler.

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
You can buy some leathers with armor already built in. I have a nice pair from Field sheer, they haven't been tested yet though.

You can also buy armor, like knee and shin pads. and they also sell a garter like you use in football that have hip, tail bone and booty cheek protection. You can wear all of that under some armored jeans.
:stupic

·
Registered
391 Posts
My SPIDI JP3 has a built in shin, shoulder, forearm plastic and a safety lab approve protectors. A well padded shoulder blade cushion, lower back and down to your sacrum pad and also the front area is well padded too! Well worth the money for the excellent quality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts