Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me unfair, but I love racing cars. My kill list is a Toyota Supra turbo MKIV(BPU)on the freeway and an FD RX7 (probably BPU as well) on Capitol Exp(if you're from norcal, you know where capitol exp. is).

Theoretically, what kinds of cars, especially high dollar cars, are our R6's able to "beat"? What cars can beat us? Considering the posibilities of the cars being stock, of course.

BTW, anyone else have an "interesting" kill list?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Some old man in one of those new dodge hemi station wagons tried to race me, like twice. :hump

I guess the dealership told him his hemi would take anything down? hehe I dont know... but the guy was serious about it. It was cute~ :hehe

·
Registered
75 Posts
very, very few stock cages(even high $ foriegn and special editions) and run lower than an 11sec 1/4. the R6 is in the 10s. if a cage can beat you it is a super fast car with some crazy HP.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I supped up subaru wrx will give you a run for your money if you're not quick on the throttle and shifting...

·
Registered
182 Posts
You just have to remember that aerodynamics kick in at higher speeds and play a big factor. I'd say any car with 450rwhp+ can run a bike down at higher speeds (140+), starting at a 50 or so roll. A pullied 03 Cobra with exhaust would be a good run from a roll, as well as some BPU Supras like you mentioned, and some cammed/ heads/cam LS1 cars. Of course we all know from a stop with a great rider we're running high 10's and trapping at 125-128, so that's what it will take. From a stop you better be packing 500-550rwhp and some good traction to run a new 600cc with a good rider down in the 1/4. But from a roll to a higher speed, aerodynamics play a big factor, especially from 130mph+. Of course A LOT of it has to do with the rider - how well you tuck and shift and what gear you start in.

Like I said, good borderline races would be some H/C LS1 cars, BPU Supras, pullied 03 Cobras, etc. I read stories both ways, on how a 600 pulled on these cars, and as well as these cars pulling back at higher speeds and not losing much ground.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
BuCKWyLd said:
Call me unfair, but I love racing cars. My kill list is a Toyota Supra turbo MKIV(BPU)on the freeway and an FD RX7 (probably BPU as well) on Capitol Exp(if you're from norcal, you know where capitol exp. is).

Theoretically, what kinds of cars, especially high dollar cars, are our R6's able to "beat"? What cars can beat us? Considering the posibilities of the cars being stock, of course.

BTW, anyone else have an "interesting" kill list?
Whattup dude, where in Nor Cal are you?
I know where Capito Expressway is in San Jo

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yo blood i don't care, no four 'heels is taking me out, from a standing start or rolling start. Where i live there's always different car drivers tryin to contes'. i'v been up against ur Evos, ur Subarus, ur 911, ur Supras, ur BMWs, and loads of other four'heels.
Noone is getting to 150mph before me and noone is staying at that speed for longer than me.
Theres are number of linked high speed roads where i live where bikers regularly race each other, nothing to serious just motoring fast. But now guys in there four 'heels r coming, tryin to have a go, with serious supped up motors, but i ain't giving any of them a chance to stick me on there mantle piece.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
BRAVO said:
Yo blood i don't care, no four 'heels is taking me out, from a standing start or rolling start. Where i live there's always different car drivers tryin to contes'. i'v been up against ur Evos, ur Subarus, ur 911, ur Supras, ur BMWs, and loads of other four'heels.
Noone is getting to 150mph before me and noone is staying at that speed for longer than me.
Theres are number of linked high speed roads where i live where bikers regularly race each other, nothing to serious just motoring fast. But now guys in there four 'heels r coming, tryin to have a go, with serious supped up motors, but i ain't giving any of them a chance to stick me on there mantle piece.
we be bustin' wheelies dey can't even name!!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Depends on what sort of racing you are talking about.

In general, it is going to come down to pilot skill, specifically yours.

In a drag race; the 16 yo in the WRX STi only has to mash his foot to the floor with the gas pedal located between these two objects to get a reasonable start. You have to keep from knocking your front teeth out with your triple tree before you ever even leave the start line.

I am assuming that you have no intention of racing in the twisties since I am assuming the Capital Exp is an urban interstate highway. But if you decide to take it to the twisties, the car will smoke you there too. They have 3 other huge contact patches to make up for the one that may be on a bit of antifreeze or sand. You lose one of your two tiny contact patches while trying to race a car in the curves, and you are going to get to ride in a helicoptor or a hurse.

While raw numbers with highly skilled pilots would indicate that the R6 is considerably faster than almost every car priced under $100k... it takes a MUCH higher level of skill to coax that performance out of a sportbike than it does a high performance car.

·
Ore wa Gandamu da
360 Posts
cdemon said:
some turbo scary sounding supra. i actually won didn' thtink i would have.
HAHA, yeah. when you hear it spooling you better get movin

its no surprise you beat the supra. how long was the race? if you didnt at least take it up to higher speeds its no surprise. Supras are highway MONSTERS with scary topend and if you two woulda kept going the MKIV would've probably started to reel you in and make a pass eventually.

·
Registered
281 Posts
:dog
had a chance to race an enzo about a year ago. long story short, i didn't take the opportunity...i was only in pajamas and flip flops on my way home from a girls house. sure woulda been a grreat story to tell y'all..wonder how it woulda turned out

·
Registered
786 Posts
hahah yea....
I wanna pick a fight with a Carrera GT (the V10 that sounds like a dentist drill meets bone saw)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Turbo-Joe said:
cdemon said:

its no surprise you beat the supra. how long was the race? if you didnt at least take it up to higher speeds its no surprise. Supras are highway MONSTERS with scary topend and if you two woulda kept going the MKIV would've probably started to reel you in and make a pass eventually.
It was about 15 seconds. It was a turbo because I was able to hear his loud ass "showoff" valve. You're right though, Supras are beasts on the open road. I'm pretty sure that over 150+mph I would've gotten owned. I've seen so many video clips of Supras owning anything from a 600 to a Busa. But my true advantage against the supra I raced was my size. He couldn't keep up with me due to the fact that there were other cars on the freeway that I was able to swerve around.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
deltaonex said:
BRAVO said:
we be bustin' wheelies dey can't even name!!!
That little rant did sound a lot like it came from a movie.....Are you sure weren't in Biker Boyz Bravo????

·
Ore wa Gandamu da
360 Posts
BuCKWyLd said:
Turbo-Joe said:
cdemon said:

It was about 15 seconds. It was a turbo because I was able to hear his loud ass "showoff" valve. You're right though, Supras are beasts on the open road. I'm pretty sure that over 150+mph I would've gotten owned. I've seen so many video clips of Supras owning anything from a 600 to a Busa. But my true advantage against the supra I raced was my size. He couldn't keep up with me due to the fact that there were other cars on the freeway that I was able to swerve around.
"showoff valve" haha. thats a good one, ill remember it. unfortunately its true. the actual function of a BOV is most often overshadowed by its sound. once Supras get that momentum going with crazy top end capability...watch out R6!!!. you should be proud to be able to beat one though, 15 seconds is a decent amount but chances are he was already pulling you in by the end of the race.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts