Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

What comes next???

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Strowrum 
#1 ·
Ok boys n girls, it's time for some performance mods....What shoudl I do...there are so many choices..and only sooo much money? I was thinking about a PCIII, 520 Conversion or damper. Which one?

The only mods i have right now are Kevlar brake lines and BF slip-on. I don't know what to get........HELP ME.....TX I know your brain is workin help a kid out.....

#4 ·
I think it depends a little on what you want to do with your bike, too. What would you be getting the 520 for? I got mine because I upped the rear sprocket and stuff.
When I put the PCIII in, my bike rode a lot smoother, and I've only got a slip-on M4. Maybe check the PCIII and see if your exhaust is one of the maps available and what kind of changes you'd see. If it's not already in there, you could download it yourself. PCIII's are a lot cheaper than they used to be, too.
Anyway, that's my schmeel.

#5 ·
damn girls.......you bring up a good point miraclegrau, my bikes been rough since I put that pipe on.....I think I'm going to get the PCIII. I'm going to do some other engine mods as well so I figure it'll be a good investment.

Thanks Folks......I'll let you know what I really end up getting cuz I've been known to change my mind, ALOT...

#6 ·
maybe a dampner, or sprockets no need for a 520, unless your racing. i didnt notice much when i installed my PCIII ( I have a micron high mount slip on) other than the motor warms up alot faster.

btw next week the bike is getting dyno'd at the Harely shop, also with a custom map installed for $100

maybe look into getting some nice riding boots or gloves.

#7 ·
blueloulou said:
btw next week the bike is getting dyno'd at the Harely shop, also with a custom map installed for $100

maybe look into getting some nice riding boots or gloves.
That's sweet about the dyno....and why would I want a good pair of boots and glove??? My sandals work just fine!!! :bash

#10 ·
PCIII Mod

Was just told by a Dealer that a PCIII mod does not voit warranty....only engine mods like cams...(as stated above). DYNO Jet -who makes PCII- buys their hook ups (plugs) certified by Yamaha....all you are really doing is change fuel flow....

keep in mind....this dealer is trying to make a sale...if you really want to know...call yamaha....

screw it...I will check...cause I am getting a PCIII on my 04 r6...

to be continued

hope this helps

#11 ·
oh yeah?

you shouldn't need a dampener unless your bike isn't an '03, the '03 is a whole different design....in one of my first posts, i brought that up because i maxed my bike out, and that was before i did the gear changes. no problems with tank-slappies whatsoever.

and whenever i'm not wearing those elevatorseeyalater boots....
i just wear my indian socks... :fruit

#14 ·
I see no real reason for "Nitrous". if your wanting to faster, maybe you should have bought an R1 or an hybussa

and as for a PCIII not voiding the warrenty. heh. I'd like for you to take your bike in with a fuel problem and they notice you have a power commander under neath the passanger seat and see if they'll still honor ur warrenty.

PS. if ford wont honor it with my Bf's power stroke when the #8 injector went out and also needed a wiring harness for it. casue of a piggy back chip, I seriously doubt yamaha would honor it.

#16 ·
blueloulou said:
I see no real reason for "Nitrous". if your wanting to faster, maybe you should have bought an R1 or an hybussa

and as for a PCIII not voiding the warrenty. heh. I'd like for you to take your bike in with a fuel problem and they notice you have a power commander under neath the passanger seat and see if they'll still honor ur warrenty.

PS. if ford wont honor it with my Bf's power stroke when the #8 injector went out and also needed a wiring harness for it. casue of a piggy back chip, I seriously doubt yamaha would honor it.

OK now children.....i don't want nitrous.....and I don't really care if the warranty is voided by a PCIII or not. I'll make my bike completely stock before i take it back to the dealer if anything ever happens...

#17 ·
RSixxr said:
blueloulou said:

OK now children.....i don't want nitrous.....and I don't really care if the warranty is voided by a PCIII or not. I'll make my bike completely stock before i take it back to the dealer if anything ever happens...
thats the best way to do it :mrgreen:

#18 ·
Sorry it took me so long. I missed the thread.
I'm with the girlies. I would get a PCIII first. It should smooth out your power band, and it will open the door for more mods later. I think a damper is really not needed unless you race, or ride like you are racing. 520 chain is really not so much a mod, as it is a weight reducer for racing, and regearing.

#19 ·
My list of goddies would be a full exhaust, PCIII, damper, and lots of practice. If you get a full exhaust and PCIII, have it tuned to your bike. I did the setup on my 929 and stated with 130 at the back wheel. After I had it tuned I went the 139 and a hell of a second gear that has won me a lot of drag races. I decided to add NOS and this is where it will get tricky. If you do direct make sure you don't hold the button too long. It was nice to have but when the gas is gone you fun is gone. Well to make a long story short I stripped a spark plug hole racing a busa on the top end. The busa didn't pull away till we hit 170! I since then took the NOS off thinking of doing a dry setup this time and head work. I haven't gotten around to draging it yet hopefully today if it doesn't rain and it needs to be remapped. Just think of how your going to ride before your start your mods. Rhonda's bike mods is damper, hindle high mount, PCIII, and K&N air filter. Runs great and feels great not as good as her though :mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.