Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
My R6 excites me.
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2006 R6 and have LED blinkers that I need to install. I purchased some Proton flushmounts for the front and a Hotbodies undertail for the rear. The Protons already have resistors built in them so they blink normal. My question is what to I need to add for the rear LEDs to make them blink at a normal rate. Do I just need to add some resistors to rear LEDs or do I need to replace the factory relay in order to make all the blinkers work properly at a normal blink rate? Thanks guys- any help would be appreciated!

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
I Believe You Can Replace The Relay To Have Them All At The Same Pace...or You Can Just Buy Resistors And They Might Be Slightly Off Then The Front...

·
Registered
250 Posts
You can get that ^^^ if you have no electrical skills. But you'll save more money if you just buy some resistors (very cheap) and wire them in yourself. Your front and rear might not be in perfect sync if that bothers you (like S76HELI said). I recommend the resistors personally.

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
It's definitely easier, that's for sure. And I guess it's safer for most people. If you don't know much about wiring, I'd recommend spending $20 now on that that significantly more on a new rear fairing :*tongue

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
call mike at 888-40-speed. it's the company that manufactures the protons. i opted to leave the rear blinking faster (more noticeable) but he can tell u the exact resistor u need to sync them up.

sorry if that's not the right number, i'm sorta guessing since i called them about 4 weeks ago...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts