Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in two accidents and received two traffic violations for speeding. I'm wondering how much I'd have to pay, liability only, yearly for an R6. What does everyone else pay?

·
Nut 'N Bitch
1,734 Posts
its the "in" thing to do i'm guessing

·
R6 Pride
554 Posts
$250 per year FULL COVERAGE. Since I combine it with my Car's Insurance

·
Registered
447 Posts
715 full coverage, full medical, uninsured and everything else. Plus im under 21 and havent had my license for 3 years. Soon it will be lower

·
Registered
49 Posts
You will wish you had comp. when your bike does get stolen...I think better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don't get why comprehensive always seems to cost so much when those are the factors out of my control (theft, fire, etc.). I live a nice area and have a garage too, lol.
you just answered your own question. Reason why it cost an arm and a leg is because it is factors outside of your control. When an accident occurs insurance companies always like to play the blame game. If they can't blame the other party they blame it on you to increase your premiums.

·
Full-Gear
667 Posts
Was paying $1100/yr full coverage Progressive, State farm now $300/yr full coverage.

But you said liability only. That is dirt cheap.

·
Registered
741 Posts
you just answered your own question. Reason why it cost an arm and a leg is because it is factors outside of your control. When an accident occurs insurance companies always like to play the blame game. If they can't blame the other party they blame it on you to increase your premiums.
So how does anyone get a rate less than $500/year

·
Registered
181 Posts
So how does anyone get a rate less than $500/year
it depends on where you live. Some areas thats just not achievable. Lots of factors come into play when determining how much your premium is. The biggest factors is age, sex, years of driving experience, record, and location. The difference between a female and male driver can increase the premium alot. As with the location, areas more prone to crime will increase the premium rate as well. Expect to pay an arm and a leg in las vegas.

·
Another Bikeless Bro
4,466 Posts
i'm rollin liability only...63 bucks a month...cause i'm a young gun all of 18, and my baby is an '09 it's worth it though :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think its like $35 a month through state farm

1 - 20 of 28 Posts