Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok what do you guys do with your Lid when you places. I got my D-Ring Sliced the only time i ever used the Lid Holder. But i find it a pain in the ass to carry it around all the time though

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
THINGS NOT TO DO WITH IT:

Hang it on your mirror

Sit it on the seat (either seat)

hang it on the passenger pegs

Set it on a hood of a car

Give it to some beeeaahtch to hold

Repeated use of any of these can assure contact with the ground, leaving you with a scratched helmet, and some loud profanity.

I have seen them dropped from all the previous locations.

:cuss

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
thats wierd someone just gave me a 91 kawa ninja 600 and it has the item to lock your helmet when not in use. in fact my friends '98 zx9 has the same item. i noticed there is nothing like it on my R6. i seen guys stick the d-ring of there helmet inside of the compartment and lock the rear seat right over it. i thought about doing the same thing but realized its easy to yank and steal the helmet. besides if someone did do that i wouldnt want to see my rear plastics mangled just because someone really wanted to have my arai rx7-corsair. why leave your helmet on your bike like that. its like leaving $600 just dangling on your seat. i just carry the helmet around.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
stoneloco808 said:
I thought about doing the same thing but realized its easy to yank and steal the helmet. besides if someone did do that i wouldnt want to see my rear plastics mangled just because someone really wanted to have my arai rx7-corsair. why leave your helmet on your bike like that. its like leaving $600 just dangling on your seat. i just carry the helmet around.
I got the same helmet and hell no i will never leave i sitting anywhere other than my hands!! :flame

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Take off your passenger seat

Flip it over

Look near the front for two plastic hooks (one on either side, they are part of the white plastic frame of the seat)

Do you see them?

Hook the d-ring of your helmet on them

flip the seat back over

Clip it back on

Drive away!!

Do wheelies!!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
If we're just fuckin around talkin in a parking lot than my helmet gets set on the ground beside my bike. If I have to go in a store or something it get taken with me. With my old black helmet I would use the helmet hanger thingies under the pass. seat but i'm not gonna take the chance with the AGV. hehe

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have a habit of always holding mine.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Yea, I sometimes hold my helmet too

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I carry mine around too. The G/F's gets hung on the pillion hanger but mine comes with me.

·
Registered
504 Posts
My Shoei RF-900 retails for about $400.00 or so... I got it for about $260 brand new, and I hang mine on my bike (under the rear seat thing). Me personally, I'm fine with that, although sometimes I will take it in with me under three conditions:

1. I want to impress people
2. Bad neighborhood
3. There are kids or weird people around (kinda relates to #2)

-Solace

P.S. But then again, I didn't pay $600.00 for my helmet, so that's just me.

·
max speed
242 Posts
I'm waiting for my helmet to get stolen so that I can buy a nice new one :mrgreen: Rear seat clip for my helmet for now or I just carry it with me. Come to think of it, would be nice to have a thin bag to carry a helmet in to make it easyer to carry and to help keep it safe from scratching on stuff (your buddies helmet as he walks beside you) :poke I have a CL12 made by HJC currently

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
panago said:
I'm waiting for my helmet to get stolen so that I can buy a nice new one :mrgreen:
great excuse. i used that excuse before to get my AGV a few years ago. i know it wouldnt work with the wife again. shucks, i wanted to get another arai rx-7corsair to custom paint.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Another thing about leaving the helmets on the bikes.

Helmets are not multiple use items, they are disposeable. Meaning if they drop, they weakened. I heard anything from like 4 foot or so will definitly do inside damage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
"Another thing about leaving the helmets on the bikes.

Helmets are not multiple use items, they are disposeable. Meaning if they drop, they weakened. I heard anything from like 4 foot or so will definitly do inside damage."

get an shoei. they'll inspect it for you for free incase you do drop it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts