Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a helmet for all the girls that will be riding 2 up with me on my '04, but I have no idea where to put it while it's not on someone's head! I don't want to use the pathetic "helmet lock" that yamaha put under our seats because its not that strong, its inconvenient, and it will scratch up the bike and helmet. I was thinking maybe bungees over the top of the helmet in an "x" pattern, but I'm worried about them slipping and the helmet falling off. I'd rather not have it dangling. Is there something that will keep it attached to the rear seat of the bike, like on top of the bike? If so, where can I get one? I already searched but I couldn't find any useful information.

·
Hit It and Quit It
1,716 Posts
So I got a helmet for all the girls that will be riding 2 up with me on my '04, but I have no idea where to put it while it's not on someone's head! I don't want to use the pathetic "helmet lock" that yamaha put under our seats because its not that strong, its inconvenient, and it will scratch up the bike and helmet. I was thinking maybe bungees over the top of the helmet in an "x" pattern, but I'm worried about them slipping and the helmet falling off. I'd rather not have it dangling. Is there something that will keep it attached to the rear seat of the bike, like on top of the bike? If so, where can I get one? I already searched but I couldn't find any useful information.
why don't you keep it at home till you need it.. That way you can take the chick by the house, ride her then give her a ride and dump the Bitch Off..............:hump:cheers:toocool:

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Yeah, +1 on just keepin it home til you need it

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
why don't you keep it at home till you need it.. That way you can take the chick by the house, ride her then give her a ride and dump the Bitch Off..............:hump:cheers:toocool:
how does he get her to the house?

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
i dangle mine, but i kinda want one of those mesh thingsas well...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey this is what I use it works great. Wraps all the way around the helmet.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=2&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=TUC_10-0010
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Well most of them do have cars, but the whole picking a girl up for a date at her house won't work if she has to drive her ass to my house. How middle school is that? I do keep it at home most of the time but when I know I'm going to pick up a girl its good to have a way to take her lid with me.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts

you have broken rule #1
never ever ever let them know where you live :)

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Get a high mount... oh, you actually want to take a passenger? Besides the mesh cover, you could always modify the helmet lock on the passenger seat to make it stronger (I don't have the passenger seat, so I don't know what it's like).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Get a high mount... oh, you actually want to take a passenger? Besides the mesh cover, you could always modify the helmet lock on the passenger seat to make it stronger (I don't have the passenger seat, so I don't know what it's like).
hahaha :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts