Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a new bike for months now. I want a good deal on either a liquid silver 03 or blue 04. Every time I see something I like ie cycle trader its already gone. There plenty of bikes around there just priced too high. Another option I know a guy who is a manager at a Yamaha dealer and will give me a red 04 for 7900 OTD which is a great price. I just dont want to be kicking myself in the ass later because I dont like the color. Need opinions! Thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
These bikes are hard to find... esp the ones your asking about. My dealer had to make a deal with another dealership 300 miles away because that was the closest place that had my 04 blue r6.

The dealership had a red r6, and kept dropping the price, but I decilned and waited for my blue... Im so happy I got what I wanted.

It sucks to wait, but you will be so much happier after the deals are done.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Get what you want. Thats a lot of money to pay and you want to be happy with your purchase. I on the other hand could care less about color and I'd buy whatever I could get the best deal on. Red isn't that terrible, is it :?: Just make sure to do whats going to make you happy in the end. You're gonna be looking at that bike for a long time to come.

·
Registered
118 Posts
echoes said:
These bikes are hard to find... esp the ones your asking about. My dealer had to make a deal with another dealership 300 miles away because that was the closest place that had my 04 blue r6.

The dealership had a red r6, and kept dropping the price, but I decilned and waited for my blue... Im so happy I got what I wanted.

It sucks to wait, but you will be so much happier after the deals are done.
Hey echoes, where did you get your bike? I got mine last january at Sun Sport Cycle in Ft. Myers. They gave me a pretty good deal too.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
me likey the red so that what i got, but defenitly dont comprimise on what you want, to much money being spent to not get it :cheers

·
Registered
953 Posts
Kingcobra said:
Every time I see something I like ie cycle trader its already gone.
no shit man, same thing happend to me! all but one bike was sold. which i bought.

·
Registered
786 Posts
cdemon said:
Kingcobra said:
Every time I see something I like ie cycle trader its already gone.
no shit man, same thing happend to me! all but one bike was sold. which i bought.
Those are the beauties of buying private..... when I got my bike, I hunted around for like 2 months in advance.... had a healthy money cushion and expected higher prices... then I go online browsing the ads I see.... I call bikes up to 150 miles away... and they are all sold.... except one.... and the dude has the same day off work as I did..... I bought it that night , and got a decent deal.... patience is a virtue indeed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts