Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kind of broad question but I am new and wondering how much to budget out for a $200 track day - how many times do I change tires (once per track day, etc) and if there are other costs involved. I am trying to see how many times I can go in a month.

·
Premium Member
35,477 Posts
It depends on what tire you're running and what pace you're running. If it's your first time on the track, you SHOULD have a while on your tires. Again, this depends on which tire and your pace.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've done five days so far in Novice mid and fast pack and my set of Power Pures have another couple of days left. Excluding track day registration, my friends and I spend $300 on food, drinks, gas (250 miles each way + bike gas) and hotel (2 nights) PER WEEKEND. That excludes things we already bought or borrow, such as trailers, gas cans, canopy, chairs or bike stands.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I spend between $100-$150 per track day--I live less than an hour away so gas is negligible, a few sandwiches (thanks janet) and it's a wrap..Baller on a budget..

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
I budget about $200 for a half day. Add about $75 for a full day. This includes the day or half day pass, gas for the truck and bike, food and a mental $50 worth of tire. I'm fairly slow and expect to get 5 or 6 days out of my bt-003rs tires. This is my first set of them so we'll see.

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,460 Posts
Around 130 for fees. (per day, it varies track to track and day to day)

Around 100 for gas. (For truck and bike, round trip)

Bring food, and WATER.

10-40 for pics, if you want.

20-40 for suspension set-up (shouldn't be every time though)

Tires are where the money's at. I've only run at Jennings. My tires are getting horrible wear there. I've heard that it is notorious for eating tires. I'm running Q2's and getting 2 full td's would be about the limit for the rear without flipping.

I'm thinking about flipping and changing tire brands because I can't afford to feed the addiction at this rate.

·
Parts Pimp
26,455 Posts
Track weekend registration fees($100-225 per day) 200-450
1 set of tires $350-450
$150 in gas for the trip and bike
$55 for pics
$75 for food and drinks
$10 for camping
$20 for garage/power rental

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
Good lord its expensive for you fools.

This weekend I'll spend roughly $50. I buy track days about 1 to 2 months out. So last month I paid 200 for the day. Now I'll just pay $25 for electricity and about 20 for gas. 5 for a foot long sandwich from subway and freeze myself a gallon of water.

That's all dependent on nothing going wrong and not having to buy any parts. I may spend 40 bucks on pix from the photog and another 40 to swap the Q2s to my old 211s if I don't like them...

All in all, I usually get by for about $80 for the day. Of course it helps being so close to the track, sooo...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good lord its expensive for you fools.

This weekend I'll spend roughly $50. I buy track days about 1 to 2 months out. So last month I paid 200 for the day. Now I'll just pay $25 for electricity and about 20 for gas. 5 for a foot long sandwich from subway and freeze myself a gallon of water.

That's all dependent on nothing going wrong and not having to buy any parts. I may spend 40 bucks on pix from the photog and another 40 to swap the Q2s to my old 211s if I don't like them...

All in all, I usually get by for about $80 for the day. Of course it helps being so close to the track, sooo...

Looks at avatar.....

Saltman

How much you spend somewhere other than Barber?

·
=]
2,523 Posts
1 set of tires $350-450
$55 for pics
$75 for food and drinks
$10 for camping
Chief is a baller, so his expenses may be a bit different than the average person. Don't forget the $50 for knee sliders you'll slide through in a day :laugh like a BAUCE :laugh

·
Parts Pimp
26,455 Posts
Chief is a baller, so his expenses may be a bit different than the average person. Don't forget the $50 for knee sliders you'll slide through in a day :laugh like a BAUCE :laugh
Yea bro, definitely been running my pucks down to the leather backing these days. :nono

Thx for the reminder. I do need new pucks. At least the klucky pucks from woodcraft last a few track days for me.

I also spend $50-75 on treats and things like that too. :laugh and I forgot to double the garage fees.

I've chalked it up to an average of 5-700 a weekend. Shit's gotten out of hand bro

·
Derp
1,308 Posts
1 set of tires $350-450
$55 for pics
$75 for food and drinks
$10 for camping
Yep. I added all my shit up for Barber at the end of this month, which I am going to end up missing...pretty much it.

:thumbdown

Almost $1,000.00 for one track weekend.

·
Parts Pimp
26,455 Posts
Yep. I added all my shit up for Barber at the end of this month, which I am going to end up missing...pretty much it.

:thumbdown

Almost $1,000.00 for one track weekend.
That's a lot more like it honestly.

3 tires a weekend is $550 alone.

·
Derp
1,308 Posts
That's a lot more like it honestly.

3 tires a weekend is $550 alone.
Yep luckily, running smoother tracks like Barber and Road A, my tires will hold up for 5-6 days if I stretch it out. After that the heat cycles start getting to them and they start sliding a bit too much.

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,460 Posts
Yea bro, definitely been running my pucks down to the leather backing these days. :nono

Thx for the reminder. I do need new pucks. At least the klucky pucks from woodcraft last a few track days for me.

I also spend $50-75 on treats and things like that too. :laugh and I forgot to double the garage fees.

I've chalked it up to an average of 5-700 a weekend. Shit's gotten out of hand bro
Holy chit! It's a downward spiral:nono

And, OP don't forget to add all of the money you're going to want to spend on your bike after you get home! I ordered rearsets a few days after my first td. I'm telling myself I'm not spending more money on the bike besides maintenance until I meet a few more goals on the track. All my cash is going to tires and track time for now.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts