Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Gone in 60 seconds
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ideas and comments.... purchased this a couple months ago, weathers nice, so ive finally brought it out.

custom "Projector Mod" with 10K HID's (high & low beam)
wanted to convert the rear of the bike into R1 rear (with dual pipes) and R1 taillights

*Custom Projector Mod
*10K HID Mod
*Dark Windscreen
*Dark nose mini LED light
*Custom Blacked-Out LED front turn signals
*Custom RED mini LED bulb
*Blacked-out rearsets
*Raven Lowers with decals
*Red Pazzo Levers
*Gel Grips
*C/F Pointy Bar End Sliders
*No-cut Frame sliders
*Blacked-out Mid Fairings (long ones)
*Custom LED R1 integrated taillight w/ Flash X technology and Strobe Mode!! to grab attention of drivers behind you!
*Custom made blend tail fairing of R6+R1--R6 to fit solo seat cowl/seat--R1 to fit the tails and pipes
*R1 dual pipes with baffles installed...sounds soo nice!!
*Gel Tank pad

Any ideas on how to finish the exhaust and connect the pipes?
Also thinking of getting the bike painted white

Does anyone know if an r1 swingarm would fit?

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Man putting those pipes on would be sick as hell, but i don't see it happening without a lot of extra pipe. As it sits right now you're just haulin around some extra weight. Beautiful bike though, my vote is to keep it red unless you wreck it later on, there's no reason to paint it.

·
BabyPuncher
492 Posts
Looks like you need a new front tire to me, but it could just be the picture I suppose...

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Find a GOOD exhaust shop and they should be able to button that up no problem. O wouldn't expect beautiful machine quality welds, but with the right talented hand and some time, you will be surprised at how well it would turn out.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,296 Posts
Yeah, thats pretty sic...Have you considered the R1 swing arm? I believe those accommodate for the undertail pipes down by the linkage...

I could be wrong though...wouldnt be the first time...:lmao

But sic as hell man, keep up the good work...

·
I'm on a boat
809 Posts
That looks pretty sick, if you can get it to work. See if you can get a color matched rear seat cowl as well, since you're not gonna have passenger pegs anyway.

·
Shake & Bake!!
2,676 Posts
Damn it.. I love that bike... I really had the same idea but didn't have the funds to even begin a mod like that..

My idea to finish the exhaust would be (looking at the bike from behind) to weld the left exhaust pipe into the right exhaust pipe.. then from there have an exhaust shop custom make a pipe from the right exhaust pipe down behind the rear set to the headers. Doesn't seem too hard and I'm sure they'll do it for a couple hundred dollars...

Hurry up and finish this thing.. :poke

Edit: Don't repaint it!! Leave it the way it is... or like someone else mentioned, unless you wreck it then that's a reason to repaint.

·
I'm on a boat
809 Posts
It looks to me like the pipes need to get reworked right out of the mufflers. It needs to be nearly flush to the seat (obviously you need some sort of insulating heatshield there to protect the underbody and not cook your ass), join them, and then run the pipe down to the stock exhaust with a L shape (again obviously not an L, mandrel bends, w/e).

Otherwise, that swingarm is gonna slam into your pipes.

·
Gone in 60 seconds
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, thats pretty sic...Have you considered the R1 swing arm? I believe those accommodate for the undertail pipes down by the linkage...

I could be wrong though...wouldnt be the first time...:lmao

But sic as hell man, keep up the good work...

Ive never thought about it, does anyone know if an R1 swingarm would allow me to have the pipes run under as opposed to running along the outside?

·
Hey Guy
5,294 Posts
It looks to me like the pipes need to get reworked right out of the mufflers. It needs to be nearly flush to the seat (obviously you need some sort of insulating heatshield there to protect the underbody and not cook your ass), join them, and then run the pipe down to the stock exhaust with a L shape (again obviously not an L, mandrel bends, w/e).

Otherwise, that swingarm is gonna slam into your pipes.
If it already has the R1 subframe, then those pipes should be correct.

As already stated, less than $100 at a muffler shop will finish the job. While you're at it, have them replace the muffler on the bottom of the bike if not already done.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts