Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set sharkskinz race bodywork. The lower piece was completely sealed for the purpose of oil retention. However, water tends to store at the belly of the bodywork whenever I wash my bike. I'd since drilled a small hole at the lower most of the body to prevent water from storing on the body. But now I have problem finding a suitable drain plug to retain oil in the event of an oil leak if i have an accident on track.

Guys, please tell me what methods are you using to resolve this problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Have you tried Lowes or Home Depot? They have ALL kinds of different sized grommets and stuff.

If you wanted to make it nice, you could put in some kind of self-tapping threads and use some kind of set screw. It would look more factory that way and it wouldn't wear out like a grommet would.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tat looks nice and doesn't protrude out too much.

i'll try to look for it at my local hardware store.

thanks guys!

Unless you can find some kind of grommet and drill a suitable hole then maybe a tire plug?

Have you tried Lowes or Home Depot? They have ALL kinds of different sized grommets and stuff.

If you wanted to make it nice, you could put in some kind of self-tapping threads and use some kind of set screw. It would look more factory that way and it wouldn't wear out like a grommet would.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts