Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hawaii2Iowa
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm looking to do a nice deep clean of my 09 R6. I was looking to get some reviews of what you all use, that including:

Which product?

Do you use just a hose or do you use a low pressure pressure washer?

If you don't use a pressure washer how do you get into the small cracks and crevices?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
~Faster Than Lightning~
1,025 Posts
I just use regular car soap and a hose, obviously i use a sponge to get into those hard places and a semi-hard brush to clean your wheels with.

My products are all from Armored All.

I have a habit of brushing my chain then re-lubing it every other week.

·
2 wheels > 4 wheels
54 Posts
Whatever you use, I recommend putting some cloth, or masking tape over air intake openings. Water gets inside quite easily

Sent from a potato

·
Registered
117 Posts
Don't have access to a hose so I was thinking about using a waterless wash spray and some microfiber towels to wipe down the entire bike.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
The most labor intensive part will be cleaning the brake dust from the rear wheel. If you oil your chain regularly, it will mix with dirt and layer up. Got like 40k worth of layers in my case LoL. Scraping or wire brushing it off will scratch and/or go right through the wheel paint. ONe of these days I may just put it on the stand and run it in first gear with a rag on a stick. (don't stick you hand anywhere near a moving wheel)

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
if you live by a walmart see if they have this,
https://www.walmart.com/ip/DuPont-Showroom-Polish-with-Teflon-surface-protector/592690757 the stuff is awesome. I use it on everything. including dusting my glass desk, tv, stereo etc. I used it on my laptop(sprayed into a rig of course) and it made it look like I just took it out of the box. it is even a better glass cleaner than glass cleaner lol
I also use it on my helmet and it's faceshield. it's the best product I've ever tried. it doesn't really repel dirt from the rims. mine are still super dusty after a long ride. however, it cleans the dirt off easily. it also brings the chain lube right off the rim and bodywork. and dried up bugs, come right off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts