Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I prefer to ride alone on the bike, every now and again the gf and I go out on the 6 for a cruise around town. For right now, she wears the helmet her younger brother wears when we go out and since she doesn't have a jacket, I make sure she wears a couple layers no matter what.

I was curious what you guys have bought for your girlfriends to wear when you go riding. I'm probably going to pick up a helmet this spring but was contemplating which jacket to get. Since we don't go out all that much on the 6, I was thinking about a mesh jacket for her but I'm unsure. Leather of course is a good option ALWAYS, but I wanted to see what you guys were dressing your women in. We gotta protect those :boob !

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I try to keep mine as naked as possible, usually just a thong. she is too afraid of my bike she rode on it once and my ears are still ringing, she screamed the whole time. Everyone on here is going to tell you mesh is no good, I say something is better than nothing.

·
Something Clever
1,272 Posts
I'm with you njk27, my girl hates the bike - however she loves to shop. So she got herself a moto style leather jacket one afternoon cause it was "cute." Then she came home and we were going to a barbeque down the street. She said lets take the bike so I can wear my jacket. Well, it was July...it was hot...and in the 5 minutes it took me to get the bike out and warming up she had ditched the jacket and long sleeves, and the jeans were now capri pants with flip flops. This from the one who is scared to ride it and fears for my safety. Apparently style comes first. Long story short I made her wear my helmet cause if we went down, I didn't wanna walk away from it and have to hear her shit. With all that said, I would at least recommend leather jacket and gloves and a helmet that fits.

·
Registered
728 Posts
My lady has an AStar textile jacket; I don't let her ride with me when it gets too cold. She has an HJC helmet, but she wants to get a Suomy(sp) helmet; I guess after our tax returns come.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
my wife likes it when i take her for a ride..... she doesnt complain...... she enjoys every minute of it.... my wife likes to ride on the R6 too.....LOL!!! i know she wants a bike for herself. someday...

as for gear, my wife wears a hjc helmet. she didnt like the idea of wearing a $400 arai. as for the jacket she has 2 choices, joe rocket womens blaster(leather) or she will use my sons joe rocket phoenix(mesh) jacket. now for gloves, again she has 2 choices icons tarmac gloves or the '05 alpinestars sp1. now for boots, im not sure what brand of boots she uses, she has so many of them. she will always will wear jeans on a ride.

i know she wants some leather pants to go with her jacket, but every man should know its not then end..... because next will be another pair of boots......... then the matching black leather dooney or LV or whatever bag. i thought i was bad when it comes to bike parts........

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
back inthe day when I HAD one of those things.....a girlfriend.....i bought her a helmet, Joe Rocket jacket, and AStars gloves. She looked hot in all the gear...and when we broke up, I got lucky and she gave it all back to me, saying that since she will never ride without me again, I could use it for the next one...what a thoughtful bitch...

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
njk27 said:
I try to keep mine as naked as possible, usually just a thong. she is too afraid of my bike she rode on it once and my ears are still ringing, she screamed the whole time. Everyone on here is going to tell you mesh is no good, I say something is better than nothing.
dooooode, im so with you on that, my wife wears nothin at all when on the 6, but thats cause she only sits on it when its stopped, and only so i can take pics!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Manoah said:
njk27 said:
dooooode, im so with you on that, my wife wears nothin at all when on the 6, but thats cause she only sits on it when its stopped, and only so i can take pics!
Seriously, does she have a sister? Post pics I'm an aspiring photographer and I wanted to get ideas...............I'm full of shit, good excuse though.
Rsixxr.......I am coming to Cinci to ride with you, I like your style.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Manoah said:
dude, i told you like three times already, she's got a twin, availiable too!
Tell her I got some riding gear for her if she's feelin like ridin... :cheers

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Manoah said:
dude, i told you like three times already, she's got a twin, availiable too!
Tell her she can sit on my lap and we could talk about the next thing that pops up. Pics? I'll drive to meet her I swear.

·
"Hollywood"
98 Posts
A-Stars Leather jacket, HJC helmet, and A-Stars black leather cat pants....and heels.....meow!

·
Registered
34 Posts
tripleTUNE said:
Apparently style comes first. Long story short I made her wear my helmet cause if we went down, I didn't wanna walk away from it and have to hear her shit. .
LMAO i know this is an old post but i couldnt help but reply. My gf HATES that i just got an R6 and gets a bit bitchy about it too. The helmet comment is priceless.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My gf wears a lot of keloid scarring from crashing her CBR 600, without her pretty icon jacket on. I actually bought my R6 from her before we were dating....I don't think she'll be on a bike again, especially with a rookie like me. However, we keep her gear around just in case. I would like her to get her own bike again, we'll see.

If I was dating someone who wanted to ride as a passenger. I'd get a scorpion helmet, they are cheap, but decent. Then I'd upgrade my jacket and use my old one as a passenger jacket. It will probably (and hopefully) be too big for whoever I dated, but it's still a good deal of protection.

Sean

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
its funny, resurrecting these OLD threads...started back in '05....and to see what you wrote. hahahahahahahahahaha

Hell, I have a different gf now, been with her over a year! :)

oh, here is what she wears:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts