Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my R6 about a week ago and today I took it all apart and started doing all the things that should be done after buying a used vehicle. Got oil and oil filter changed, coolant flushed and changed, air filter replaced, flushed and bled new brake fluid, and got all the crud out from inside the bottom of the fairings.

I took a look inside the intake manifold area and it looks nice and clean in there. It only has 8k but it still looks good. I gave it a quick wash to end the day but I know there are still some things I can do myself. I think I can do chain tension, throttle and clutch cables, and check suspension preload, rebound etc. I think I might have a carb problem but don't have a vacuum so I can't test that. Might have to take it in to get that done. It is definatly riding much better now with all new fluids in it. I want to debadge it as much as possible too...any ideas for getting the shit off the tank? I'm pretty sure it had a clear coat put on over the stickers. Any more things I missed let me know. Here it is a little cleaned up. Sorry for the crappy pictures all I had at the time was my iPhone.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
nice shine there!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Lol is it bad that I want to make the entire bike matte black?
No, just boring.

And you shouldn't rest your plastics on the cement, paint-side down (in the first picture).
And yeah, getting those decals off the tank is going to be no easy task. Wish I had good advice on how to do it...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, just boring.

And you shouldn't rest your plastics on the cement, paint-side down (in the first picture).
And yeah, getting those decals off the tank is going to be no easy task. Wish I had good advice on how to do it...
I just set them there for a couple seconds. They promptly went paint down on a soft towel after th picture. I'm not that dumb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts