Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
This is a much discussed topic here, and if you like, search for which exhaust should I buy or something like that and you'll find all kinds of stuff... But, since you asked, it's all in what you want... how do you want it to look/sound/perform? Slip on or full system? Low/High mount? I have a low mount carbon fiber evo single port on my 04 Liquid Silver(the fast one) R6, and I couldn't be happier...

·
Banned
786 Posts
I agree with welchsm, it's all about what YOU like and what you want. I like to be a little different, so I searched around listened to some sound clips of diffeent pipes. Did a few virtual mock ups of various pipes on the R6 and ended up getting the TwoBros. X-metal carbon fiber and I love it. But again it's all about what you like........ :hammer

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
yup just take everyones advice. get the one you want. get the one that looks and sound good to you. most of all get the one you could afford.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Here's what i'd do if you if you seriously have no idea.

Get a Di.........one dice.

1. Hindle
2. Jardine
3. Blue flame
4. M4
5. Akropovic
6. Gyt-r

Something like that.............buy what ever # you roll.........

Or you could list the ones you like the looks of best.......and price wise. Keep the # order to yourself.

Then tell us to roll the dice and whatever # is rolled the most.........buy that one :cheers

All in all, it does come down to what you like the looks of basically.

And if you wanta full system.........then pick 6 full systems to list in #

Six exhaust's at the same time!!!!!!!!!! BRILLIANT!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Why not try a FMF? Ive got one and its GREAT.. Really nice tone IMO and noone has them.. Plus, they are priced really nice.. They are moderately loud..

Just seems everyone has the same pipes here, and with other bikes for that matter.. Try something new? FMF has been proven in the dirt area, and to me, they are proven on street.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I would say check out www.hammythecanman.com I ordered my exhaust through him, (and a couple other things) and Brian is top notch... Customer service, speed of service, everything was great... And he sells a huge variety of exhausts... I would reccomend Blueflame if you're looking for something that will stand out... I've gotten a lot of comments on mine, cause not many people know of them around here...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts