Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Ok where to start.... I drive a 2000 R6 which has about 8,500 miles on it. IT was delivered to me about a week ago. Was driving it at about 2 in the morning and drove for about 3 miles before heading home (just out and about for the fun of it). I turned onto one of the main streets and opened it up in 2nd gear and as I approached 11-12k I checked in my mirrors to see my friend that was following me in his Civic Si when I noticed he wasnt there and instead there was smoke pouring out of only my exhaust. After all was said and done, my friend informed me that it was dark black smoke at first (buring oil?) and then he said it changed to white smoke (coolant?) which continued untill my engine died. After I noticed the smoke I pulled in the clutch and just coasted to a side street where my bike remains right now because it will now not turn over and start. If you have any ideas PLEASE let me know, and if you have some ideas and know about how much it will cost to replace let me know as well. :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: To look on the brighter side of things, at least this was towards the end of the riding season. :flame

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Did it have oil in it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh ya, just had an oil change 600 miles ago along with the filter. I called some places and they think it might be a blown valve. In that case it might cost me 2 grand to fix.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Blue= Oil
White= Water
Black= Fuel

Looks like you might have blown the cobwebs out of it at first (black smoke), then blew the headgasket (white smoke). :gas

Char

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yup, could be blown headgasket. Check your oil to see if it has coolant mixed in. You might be able to tell from the sight glass. 1st tho, PUSH IT HOME before someone else does!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I went to get it early that morning ( I got 2 hours of sleep). Woke up my friend and had him come help me load it into his truck. Thank god to cause someone would have jacked my beautiful non-running R6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts