Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
er.. "moved to the tire section?" isn't this the tire section?

oh yeah, someone posted something about the bridgestones in the other topic in the tire section on street tires.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JUst change my tires. The front of the stock tire is 72.5 while the new BT012ss is 75.5. Both rear tires are 78. With the formula from Sportrider, the number came out to be 0.4777.

How did they came up with 10mm drop? I realize they didn't use the BT012ss but how they got the 10mm is the question.

I shimmed the rear shock with 1.92mm thick washer and dropped the front 7mm. Don't know how it will handle yet. Find out tomorrow morning. :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Leave the front alone! Just shim up the rear. If you need 10 or 11mm, go with about 3.0-3.5mm's And go more or less depending how you like the feel and turn in quickness. More is quicker/more twitchy, less is slower.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the answer for my previous post. 1 inch is 2.54cm but I was thinking 2.54mm. : ) .47777 would be a bit over 12mm to get back to stock height. I am not sure if I want to drop the front that low to limit the fork travel distance since I like my front set up soft to gain more communication from tire and road.

3 or 4 mm shim at the rear is definately not enough for me. When for a ride this morning, with the front dropped 7mm and the rear shimmed 1.92mm, the bike felt too stable and way too heavy for quick left right transition at speed. I end up back off the preload up front so I can continue to enjoy the ride.

Plan on raising the rear with another washer, +1.92mm to (up to 3.84mm)uicken the steering a bit. The BT012ss tires are great. Much better traction than the BT010 or BT56ss I used to have on my R1s. The BT012ss not as neutral or feedback as the M1 but it has much more traction than the M1.

The bike felt very stable while corering but not light enough for the ease of squaring off before turning on late corner entrances.

The wild thing is the bike has so much more cornering speed than I want to use on my favorite road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts