Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!
Does anyone know what happened to Scott Russell?
I read he was going to ride SuperMoto at Moto X In San Diego but he was not there. Then I read he did not qualify for the Superstock race at Barber this weekend. I really want to see Scott ride again but it seems his comeback is not going so well.
Anybody hear anything?
Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
dont really know about the supermoto stuff but i think he crashed out at daytona. maybe he realized it wasnt gonna go the way he planned

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey,

I just returned from the Jamie James Yamaha Champions Riding School and Scott Russell was instructing Thursday and Friday. He crashed the supermoto bike and jacked his knee up pretty bad in San Diego before the AMA weekend at Barber. He couldnt put pressure on the peg and move on the bike with his knee injured. Jamie mentioned that he went out to have some fun in San Diego and ended up falling off the bitch.

He was going pretty easy at Barber while instructing on his Superstock bike... Wheelies past me going into turn 10 doing about 120, etc. He was pretty sore on Friday after riding all day on Thursday for the school.

He was wearing a bandaid on his forehead to cover up the lick he took when he fell off the supermoto bike and all the students and instructors put bandaids on in class to rag on him a little. He fell out of his chair laughing at us! He'll be back on it for a few more of the east coast races.

·
Registered
331 Posts
dont really know about the supermoto stuff but i think he crashed out at daytona. maybe he realized it wasnt gonna go the way he planned
Scott didnt crash out at Daytuna. He only had 12 days to prepare for the race. Also it takes some time getting used to 25+ mph on the banking with the new speed of the R1 superstock bike. There were all sorts of issues with getting the power down as well. I saw him trying to manhandle the power coming out of T3 at Daytona. The bike was wheeling really bad out of the turns, etc. The other riders have got an extra 20 hp on him plus electronics and traction control, etc. The bikes he rode back in the day were powerful, but not as much as the modern day superstock bike. It's almost like he was getting into the ring with Ali after playing tyson punch out on Nintendo. He wasnt healthy at Barber and is healing/training for the next round on the east coast.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Scott didnt crash out at Daytuna. He only had 12 days to prepare for the race. Also it takes some time getting used to 25+ mph on the banking with the new speed of the R1 superstock bike. There were all sorts of issues with getting the power down as well. I saw him trying to manhandle the power coming out of T3 at Daytona. The bike was wheeling really bad out of the turns, etc. The other riders have got an extra 20 hp on him plus electronics and traction control, etc. The bikes he rode back in the day were powerful, but not as much as the modern day superstock bike. It's almost like he was getting into the ring with Ali after playing tyson punch out on Nintendo. He wasnt healthy at Barber and is healing/training for the next round on the east coast.
maybe he should sit a few more rounds out considering it sounds like he cant get used to the new bikes. would suck to see him take someone else out. not having traction control has nothing to do with it. we dont have that or any fancy electronics on our superstock bike and we seem to make it alright.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts