Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nothing Special
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are the racing people measuring rear ride height at for the most part? For instance on two shock bikes it's pretty much a given that the hardpoint to measure all rear end suspension heights from is the upper shock eye.

Since this is my first sportbike I'm unaware of where most head wrenches are measuring the rear ride height at.

And while we're at it, what is the average rear ride height on the 2003? I've read a number of comments by riders claiming to be short that they have trouble touching the ground with both feet. I'm only 5'6" and I am able to totally double-flat-foot my R6 (barefoot no less!). So I gotta wonder if this thing hasn't been slammed a bit. I see the specs say that the rear end has a little less than five inches of travel. Well, when I top out the rear end there is NOT five inches of clearance between the hugger and the subframe. So I'm wondering what's going on there.

Gotta love PO's.

Thank you, be well. :)

·
all about suspension
20 Posts
Most track tuners will use a shock eye to eye measurement; this is the only way to get a consistent ride height change. (one bike could have a bent sub frame….aftermarket sub frame…etc.) for someone wanting to change the rear 1 inch…..just measure from the rear axle vertical to a known point on the sub frame (one that cannot be changed) record adjust remeasure same two points.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
If its your bike, you can use pretty much any two static points for the before and after, you just have to use the same ones. Mark a spot on the tail and the swingarm and measure. Adjust, then remeasure at the same marks.

·
Nothing Special
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Are the links on the shock oem? That's the dead giveaway if it is lowered or not. Aftermarket shit is usually a good sign it is lowered.

:YEA
Meh, hard to tell. From web pics I've dug up they look stock. The PO used black spray paint instead of soap and water on this bike so there's a lot of work coming up on this bike for me.

Friggin tribesmen. Doesn't matter if they are from here or anywhere else, they're all pretty much the same. Whether they be from Pakistan, Iraq, or Texas, or Northern California (my birthplace), friggin tribesmen ... they're all the same! Like giving a chimp a loaded gun. There's a certain ~type~ of human that should not ever be given money!!! They have no idea what to do with it!! They share no other traits other than their lack of financial responsibility. It's not a race thing, or age thing, or nationality thing, it's not a gender thing either. It's just a THING. Some people should not be allowed to have money!!!!!

Haahaa! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts