Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is a Chip Spalding and I am one of the owners of Ballistic Performance Components (www.ballisticparts.com) and I also manage KWS Motorsports (www.kwsmotorsports.com) and we are a new advertiser here!

KWS Motorsports is a full service customer race shop that has been in the business of building race bikes since 1994. We have also run a professional race team since 1999. In 2001 we won the FUSA Unlimited Superbike National Championship, in 2003 we won the Top Privateer Award in AMA Superbike, and in 2009 we ran the Factory Aprilia AMA Daytona SportBike team with riders Chaz Davies and Aaron Gobert.

In our quest to get weight out of our 2009 Aprilia RSV1000R race bikes we started researching lightweight battery technology. We used some existing vendors but were not happy with the product so we started to develop our own. In an effort to make this technology available to our customers we formed Ballistic Performance Components with our long term partners, Millennium Technologies. This combination of KWS Motorsports extensive hands on professional racing experience and Millennium Technologies industry leading manufacturing capabilities lead to what we believe is one of the best powersports products on the market today, the Ballistic Performance Components EVO 2 Battery.

The new EVO 2 battery is the sum of over 16 months of building, testing, and developing batteries for our own race bikes and feed back from our customers. The EVO 2 uses custom made proprietary cells, cases, and connectors that are made specifically for the purpose of starting motorcycles. This is not a collection of commercially available generic parts wrapped in shrink wrap and assembled in somebody’s garage or imported from China. This is a purpose built product designed and engineered by an American company with over 20 years of racing and manufacturing experience.

Product Highlights:

- Up to 80% smaller than the stock battery
- Up to 10lbs Lighter than the stock battery
- Service Life of over 2000 cycles
- EVO 2 Batteries use hard mounted brass terminals for a direct replacement installation
- Completely “Dry” technology so batteries can be mounted on their side or even upside-down.
- Completely non-toxic, recyclable, and can be air shipped
- Applications for bikes from 50cc - 1800cc
- Tested extensively by professional race teams
- Impact and water resistant
- 90 day free replacement warranty
- No special charger required.
- No trickle charger required, loses only 10% of charge over a year of static use.

If you have any questions please let me know!

[email protected] or [email protected]

·
Schrute Farms Beets
757 Posts
looks like a great product you guys have developed. Welcome to the forum!

·
R6'ers B4 Gixxers
367 Posts
I could use some room under my seat. Would this 4 Cell provide enough power for various accessories as well as the bike itself?

·
Sticky-side-down.
465 Posts
If you ever have any issues with it, our 4 Cell (which works great on an R6) is $134.99
Good deal, I think these new non-lead/acid batteries are going to really take off. Are you planning on an automotive line of products as well?

The weight to performance ratio is great, as well as the ability to hold charge and provide good power.

Cheers to new technology!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could use some room under my seat. Would this 4 Cell provide enough power for various accessories as well as the bike itself?
A 4 Cell will start an R6 all day. If you have a bunch of accessories or ride often in cold weather you might want to upgrade to an 8 cell.

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
I may be looking into this, just got an R1 and the battery is pretty much shot. Would you recommend 4 or 8 cell? I just installed 4 HID's in it last night, with 4 ballists. I don't plan on running anything else to the battery besides the power commander

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may be looking into this, just got an R1 and the battery is pretty much shot. Would you recommend 4 or 8 cell? I just installed 4 HID's in it last night, with 4 ballists. I don't plan on running anything else to the battery besides the power commander

8 Cell for sure....and now for only $159.99!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How big are your 8cells compared to the lead/acid yuasa that come stock?
8 Cell Specs:

8 Cell EVO 2
Dimensions 113MM (L) x 60MM (W) x 100MM (H)
Weight 730 grams, 1lb 10oz
Voltage (Charged) 13.6V
Amperage 4.6Ah
Cold Cranking Amps 240A pulse
Operating Environment -30°C (-22°F) to 60°C (140°F)
8 Cell EVO 2 (101-003) - $159.99
Dealers and distributors call us for pricing!
Not sure on the exact specs of the OEM battery.....but its MUCH bigger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need a new battery. I do a fair amount of cold weather riding and wanna hook up heated grips, gloves, pants, or vest to it. Would any of your batteries be able to handle that along with 2 HIDs and a scorpio alarm.?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts