Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. So I've spent endless nights researching the "Fiat edition" and it looks like it came out in 06 with numbered body kits from 1-220.

Well I bought my bike several years ago from the original owner and she was positive that it came from the factory with these plastics.

Its a 2004 Yamaha R6 "Fiat racing edition" (Has around 4k miles now)
I can't find any information about these fairings before the 2006 release of 220 of them.
I've noticed that the replica kits will say "TheDoctor" in colorful letters on the cowl" and most of them won't fit correctly.
(Pictured in this thread)
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136535

The plastics on my bike fit 100% and I can tell the screws have never been touched. The bike is flawless and way faster than any other R6 I have ridden.

So I'm just really confused and wondering if any of you guys can shed some light. Thank you!

Pics attached. (The picture with "TheDoctor" colorful lettering is the replica kit for an 06"

Then the last two pictures are from a 2004 replica kit. They have the "TheDoctor color lettering and the #46 on the tail"

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you feel these are original just because the screws weren't touched? Interesting
I can tell the difference between the factory over tightening the screws to the point where it's nearly impossible to get them off without stripping the screw. (Good thing I have a tool for those)

and when someone replaced the screws/fairings in a garage.

·
Registered
766 Posts
If the body is original you shpuld see yamaha part numbers on the inside of the fairings. Remove a couple. If u dont see it its because they r fake

·
m3lover2
10,527 Posts
I can tell the difference between the factory over tightening the screws to the point where it's nearly impossible to get them off without stripping the screw. (Good thing I have a tool for those)

and when someone replaced the screws/fairings in a garage.
I'm trying to get you to see that its retarded that you think you can come to a conclusion that your fairings are OEM just because you think the bolts have not been touched.

As far as I know... In 04 they had a blue, red, And a LE gray with flames.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Retail $3830
Trade $2820
There's no mention of "special" edition as far as value goes for that year. You have to consider actual condition of the bike, location and demand for that model. The fairings "might" make it more desirable and easier for someone to resale but they're not giving any extra cash over a normal one. And no extra for the exhaust or any other mods.....
I would expect $2000 trade value in excellent condition at a dealer in an area with a thriving market....

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,240 Posts
Sooooo, the "Fiat" livery was introduced in Moto GP in the 2006 season, and you think your 2004 "replica" livery came from the factory that way?

Tell me another story.

Oh, and I have a bridge for sale, if you're interested.....

·
Registered
437 Posts
In your second picture, it shows that you've got spiked bolts and at least one bolt is missing between the headlight cowl and right side panel. I may be talking out of my ass, but you said the bolts hadn't been touched and I don't believe yamaha would let a bike leave their factory with spike bolts.

But as mentioned above, the only way to be sure is to remove a panel and check for the factory stamp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm trying to get you to see that its retarded that you think you can come to a conclusion that your fairings are OEM just because you think the bolts have not been touched.

As far as I know... In 04 they had a blue, red, And a LE gray with flames.
And I'm trying to get you to see that it's not a chinese knock off eBay fairing kit like all the search results turned out to be.

I said the original owner is positive she purchased the bike brand new like this and I was backing her by saying she's telling the truth I would know if she changed them. So if you don't have any positive input that will help me figure out the history of my bike I'd appreciate it if you didn't add anything please.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,240 Posts
...and what do you mean the screws haven't been touched? It has spikes where the fairing bolts should be.

Another thing that should give you a clue is the massive scrape on your stator cover. And no scrapes on your fairing.

...and my 50th anniversary scheme which wasn't introduced until 2006 on 3rd generation bikes was original to my 2003 2nd gen R6. Yeah, right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Retail $3830
Trade $2820
There's no mention of "special" edition as far as value goes for that year. You have to consider actual condition of the bike, location and demand for that model. The fairings "might" make it more desirable and easier for someone to resale but they're not giving any extra cash over a normal one. And no extra for the exhaust or any other mods.....
I would expect $2000 trade value in excellent condition at a dealer in an area with a thriving market....
If you see any 04 R6s like this with 4k miles for 2 grand please message me and Ill throw you a $500 referral fee.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
...and what do you mean the screws haven't been touched? It has spikes where the fairing bolts should be.

Another thing that should give you a clue is the massive scrape on your stator cover. And no scrapes on your fairing.

...and my 50th anniversary scheme which wasn't introduced until 2006 on 3rd generation bikes was original to my 2003 2nd gen R6. Yeah, right.
I put the spikes on.
The picture with the stator cover scrape is a completely different bike. It's a replica one. "TheDoctor colorful lettering and #46" mine doesn't have either.

So could mine be one of the fairing kits #1-220? Wouldn't there be a sticker on the gas tank?

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,240 Posts
And I'm trying to get you to see that it's not a chinese knock off eBay fairing kit like all the search results turned out to be.

I said the original owner is positive she purchased the bike brand new like this and I was backing her by saying she's telling the truth I would know if she changed them. So if you don't have any positive input that will help me figure out the history of my bike I'd appreciate it if you didn't add anything please.
And we are trying to get you to see that it would be IMPOSSIBLE for those fairings to be original. In 2004, the MotoGP Yamahas were painted in a Gauloises (a french cigarette company) scheme. with a big "GO!!!!!!" on the side. They did not get the Fiat sponsorship until 2006, so it would be IMPOSSIBLE for them to paint it in that color scheme in 2004.

And just because they fit doesn't mean they aren't aftermarket. Mine fit perfectly, and they are an Auctmarts kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
If you still want to believe her, good for you. Like it or not, your fairings are chinese.
How are they chinese?

So you're telling me she painted the gas tank? or got it swapped out. and got "Chinese" fairings that fit perfectly and took off the #46 decals and "TheDoctor" decals too. The Chinese fairings fit differently and look different. Hell they're even a different shade of blue.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,240 Posts
There are many variations of the kits. Each company that does them has minor changes that are different. Also they will add, or delete stickers upon request. Or even custom paint their kits for you.

The OEM Fiat fairings would not fit that bike. They were for a 3rd generation R6, and the body style was completely different. Yours is a 2nd gen R6.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There are many variations of the kits. Each company that does them has minor changes that are different. Also they will add, or delete stickers upon request. Or even custom paint their kits for you.

The OEM Fiat fairings would not fit that bike. They were for a 3rd generation R6, and the body style was completely different. Yours is a 2nd gen R6.
Thank you.

If anyone finds a link of where they sell this exact fairing kit I'd greatly appreciate it. The quality is amazing as I've compared it to the one in the last picture side by side and it's like night and day. I'm going to take some pieces off and look for part numbers.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,240 Posts
Your tank is just a standard painted R^ blue tank. Here is the 2004 blue R6. The tank is the same.

and here is an afterarket kit for your bike in the fiat scheme

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts