Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Raven6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys? I need some help.. I bought some LED lights from Advance Auto parts to put into my passenger pegs. It is a set of 4 with built in resistors.. I hooke them up and they dont do anything.. I have tried with the bike running and with it off and still nothing.. Does anyone know what it might be? Is there something that I am missing ?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not to hate on a good idea (im doing the same) but 1)how much did u pay for all those single LED's 2) how are you going to hold the LED's in the pegs? 3) I dont think you will have enough room in the back side of the peg to run all those wires, and if so it might be kinda messy.
this is how i did mine. bought the single LED diodes, put them in pc board linked all the diodes together with solder,then soldered on a negative and positive wire with a resister spliced in. A lot less wires/messy.

I used liquid electrical tape to seal up the back of the wires

·
Raven6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
They were only $8...so im not to mad about the money.. I tried doing it the same way you did before and I think i *****ed something up cause when i hooked them up one LED started smoking and the others didnt do anything ... so i was trying to take the easy way out!

Have you hooked those yet? what size resistors did u use?

·
Registered
261 Posts
the size resister really depends on the type of LED u use and how many. For the set up i have i'm using a 1W 100 ohm resister. I Haven't got them in the pegs just yet i still half to drill out the holes, but i have hooked them up to a battery and they work very well and are very bright. There is a really good link on here someplace i can pm to u that i followed if you are interested.

·
What traffic?
68 Posts
It has to be some sort of wiring problem. Use a multimeter and check your power and ground wires to confirm they have a voltage. It's hard to just say what is wrong without seeing how it is wired up, but that is my guess.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you really want to go the easy way out and your not so worried about coast there is someone on ebay that charges you $65 to send your rear sets to him, he does the whole thing then sends them back to you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.