Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I like my knee dragging.
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my bike ready for the track, looking for opinions on what brake pads and compounds you would recommand for the track? My bike is a 03 r6.

Thanks.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
Vesrah. If it's going to be track-only, then spring for the SRJL pad. If it's still going to be a streetbike, , the RJL will be a better set for you. I had the RJL pads on my 06 GSXR and they were absolutely fabulous. EBC may have a stronger initial bite, but the Vesrahs give you so much more feel that you can actually tell what's going on with your front tire.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
In general any HH sintered pad is going to give you a great improvement in braking power... some people complain that they are harder to modulate though... kinda like an on off switch. I think you just have to get used to them.

For the same reason, alot of people run stock pads in their rear brake so trail braking doesn't lead to a highside. I don't use my rear brake anyways.

·
I like my knee dragging.
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I was looking into the EBC street/track pad... The rear brake and brake pad im going to leave alone, i think its fine for braking power, ive locked the rear once by mistake. But i think ill upgrade my front lines..Im using the stock calipers, so im not to sure if race pads will be to extreme.

·
I Race Motorcycles
361 Posts
Stock front calipers are fine. Get the braided front lines and try some race pads, you will feel a huge good difference.
I use EBC HH kit pads. Part # GFA 252 HH There Awesome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I threw on a set of Galfers G1375. True a bit more, but damn what stopping power!!! Got some grip when coming down off of 160+ to slow you down to 50-ish in a few yards (more or less!). But any aftermarket "improved" street/track brake pad will work and you won't notice the difference, unless your last name is Rossi/Pedrosa/Hayden

JMO

·
'taking n00bs to school'
95 Posts
I was trying to decide between EBC and Galfer and I decided to go with Galfer HH and Galfer Black in the rear. I'm going to get their stainless steel lines eventually

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
I run the HH EBC's up front and the stock pads in the rear with stainless lines front and rear.

The reason for running the oem pad or an organic pad in the rear is less initial bite in the pad and helps prevent locking of the rear wheel.

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
So sounds like you guys don't like carbon pads? I've SBS double carbon pad on the race bike (which is an 03) and they work rather well. You have to warm them up on 1st lap, but then just hold on...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i like my carbonne lorraine pads

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
I have tried both EBC and Galfer HHs on my 01 r6 with stainless lines. Both were good, able to bring that bike onto the front tire with literally one finger. HH pads from pretty much any manufacturer are going to give a noticeable improvement in stopping power.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts