Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

What Type of Music do you listen to while riding?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started listening to music while riding. Not sure if I like it yet. :cool: I think it's okay for my commute to work, but definitely won't be listening to music when I go for a "ride".

Just wondering what type of music you folks like to listen to while riding.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Gotta have my rick..... love the new single...:YEA

·
Registered
452 Posts
Leo Vince soundtrack:YEA Just got it, so I love listening to it.

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leo Vince soundtrack:YEA Just got it, so I love listening to it.
Lol.. Yeah, I've been rockin' the Yoshimura soundtrack for a long time.

Thought I'd change it up with some tunes. I tried it with both headphones and there's no way I can do that. Can't hear a damn thing. If I'm gonna listen to music, I'll only have one headphone in. Just drives me crazy not being able to hear my bike.

I listened to rap this morning on the way to work. Not sure if I was feelin' it. Might go with rock on the way home.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If i did I would listen to dave 202 and stuff like it; 140 bpm is pretty good for riding.
How do you keep the damn headphones in while you put your helmet in?

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
i started listening to music as well never riding without it, its a bit tricky at first but a good trick i found out was put your headphones on then put your helmet on really quick and just make some adjusements...i use both headphones and i can hear everything around me fine i just dont put the volume to loud

and i listen to hip hop, rock and katy perry....dont know why but i just like her songs for some reason...hahaha

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If i did I would listen to dave 202 and stuff like it; 140 bpm is pretty good for riding.
How do you keep the damn headphones in while you put your helmet in?
I had a problem keeping them in when I was using the iPhone ones. But I just got the in ear style (skull candy) and they stay in really well. And they deaden almost all outside noise. It's too much for me. That's why I have to use one while riding.

edit: what is dave 202? trance or something? :dunce:

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
i wear the around the ear ones from sony and never have any problems and they are pretty loud.

i HAVE to have music to ride well. i cant focus without music on. even on the track, i gotta have my tunes.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yoshimura soundtrack here never tried listening to music while riding

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
i wear the around the ear ones from sony and never have any problems and they are pretty loud.

i HAVE to have music to ride well. i cant focus without music on. even on the track, i gotta have my tunes.
im the same way even when im riding in the car i dont drive as good without music

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
all kinds of music. i put the ipod on shuffle and off i go
:werd :stupic

Lol.. Yeah, I've been rockin' the Yoshimura soundtrack for a long time.

Thought I'd change it up with some tunes. I tried it with both headphones and there's no way I can do that. Can't hear a damn thing. If I'm gonna listen to music, I'll only have one headphone in. Just drives me crazy not being able to hear my bike.

I listened to rap this morning on the way to work. Not sure if I was feelin' it. Might go with rock on the way home.
yeah, one headphone ftw. i like certain rap/hip-hop tunes but for some reason i can't listen to it when i ride either. i found that rage against the machine is a good substitute :fact

i started listening to music as well never riding without it, its a bit tricky at first but a good trick i found out was put your headphones on then put your helmet on really quick and just make some adjusements...i use both headphones and i can hear everything around me fine i just dont put the volume to loud

and i listen to hip hop, rock and katy perry....dont know why but i just like her songs for some reason...hahaha
:hehe

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
Never tried listening to music while riding. Do want to try ear plugs though, heard that make a big difference.

That or I have a ear piece for my radar detector, will have that in one ear while riding the HWYs

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Carbon Hexagonal Akrapovic @ 15,500 RPM.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts

im the same way even when im riding in the car i dont drive as good without music
Im just the opposite...Music distracts my concentration and Im a HUGE music lover (32g ipod touch with no room left...no apps or pics/vids)

I get into the music too much to the point where I dont feel like Im giving my surroundings the attention required to prevent something bad from happening...

But thats just me...ANNNNND I do rather enjoy the sound of my Full KR Tuned:sing

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
I would vote but I don't see Justin Bieber on the list..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts