Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curiousity is getting the best of me. I use Meguiar's Gold Class Clear Coat Wax. It works really well, just wondering what everyone else uses. I had heard a few people say Plexus, Honda Bright and S100.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Turtle Wax

·
Registered
190 Posts
Have any of you heard of Zaino Brothers Polish? It's the only thing I'll use on my car. Looks better, last alot longer, and provides far more protection than ANY wax. I'm buyin an R6 in December, and that's the only thing that I would consider putting on it. http://zainostore.com

·
Registered
786 Posts
I put some turtlewax on my bike friday night after a light drizzle (it was a good excuse to clean and wax her)

Dug around in the garage, and found some box of armourall wipes.. the yellow plastic ones I used on the black midfairings, mirrors, etc .. and now they look BETTER than brand new .... fack, they be GLISTNIN' :boob

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
none-
I use Plexus on everything.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i use this stuff

for my surf board and skim board.... sorry man i seen an easy cheap shot.

actually i use some type of stuff an old friend of mine uses at his auto detail shop. i actually used to work for him back in the day. its called "joe's auto detailing polish", he named it after one of his businesses. its his own mixture of caranuba wax and other shit. its similar to an old polish made long time ago called liquid luster. its some good stuff. i have been using this stuff for years. cant find anything on the market that doesnt get that chalky white shit when you are ready to wipe it off.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not trying to start a debate..., but in college, I interned with BASF - automotive coatings. 4 summers, all I did was R&D projects with paints specifically for plastic parts.

With new clearcoat formulations, waxing can actually blemish your finish, giving you a lower DOI (distinction of image). Yes, application has a lot to do with this, but so does the chemicals in waxes. Even those that are marked "clearcoat safe".

IMHO..., automotive wax became popular when clearcoat development was nil..., there's a lot of money in it, and I'm sure a little R&D in paints isn't going to stop those companies from making coin. Fact is that it's somewhat being phased out when you think of new protectants in clearcoats, and the life expectancy of the part. I'd stick to ol' fashioned water, mild-detergent, and a soft cloth of sorts.

I do use Plexus, however..., it is more of a cleaner than a wax, though, gives ya the "wet" look.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts