Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yoshimura RS-3 Full System on my 04 R6 and the dynojet website said to install a map for a setup similar to yours if you cant find one for ur specific setup. What im asking is what is the closest setup to what I have that dynojet has a map for?

Thanks
Dane

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
your best bet is to get a custom map made for your bike. first i would get all parts for the engine mods you want and take it to a shop to get your map made. in the meantime RatbikeR6 has the full yoshi TRS system and said he was running the akra map for now.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
custom map is the best way, but till then try out a few of the maps on the dynojet website. also check out the sticky section here on the site, i beleive there one that has different places to find maps :cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
NoLegs said:
Downloadable maps are a shoot and miss, because of sea-level changes mostly. Your best bet will always be to buy all mods you want and get a custom map made by a competent shop.
Sea-level changes? Are you trying to say the tides affect ECU/PC tuning? Next you are going to tell me that the phase of the moon affects tuning as well, right? : )

·
IQ = Post Count
1,734 Posts
moto said:
Sea-level changes? Are you trying to say the tides affect ECU/PC tuning? Next you are going to tell me that the phase of the moon affects tuning as well, right? : )
Example:
A map made (at sea-level) for an R6 with a Yosh slip-on will not be identical to a map made on the same bike at an altitude of, for example, 6,000 ft.

So, using the 2+2=4 theory...

Downloading a map made at an altitude difference of say 6,000 ft may not be the best map for your bike.

I am not sure about the cause and effects of moon-phase for an R6.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts